The keyboard is blocked (HP, Dell, Acer, Asus….) And you can’t do anything type ? If you have the locked involuntarily and you don’t remember how you did it, just follow this troubleshooting tutorialand you should be able to unlock Windows 10/8/7.
Before you start, you need to check if some keys or the assembly are physically damaged.
For an external USB / PS2 keyboard, you can connect it to another computer. If the problem still exists, it is may be physically damaged .
Otherwise, it should bea software problem and you can adjust it by following the steps below.
[8 Solutions] Fix “Apex Won’t Launch” on PC
Why is my keyboard blocked? The causes :
The cause most frequent lockout is the fact of maintain the shift key too long. That is why the other name of the shift key is the lock button. If you hold the shift keyduring eight seconds, he will be automatically locked .
But in addition to this reason, it can be lockedfor other reasons as well. For example, if you have mistakenly pressed the Num Lock key , the part digital will be locked.
Occasionally, a pilot problemcan lead to a lock . But in general, this is a very rare case and does not occur frequently. Normalement, it does not chargecorrectly if you install a new operating system on your system.
Apart from all these causes, only the cable problem . Occasionally, an improperly plugged-in USB connection or socketcan hinder connectivity with the computer.
This can lead to the input . But whatever the reason, everything locked keypad can be unlocked.
So either you are faced with the problem of locked keyboard laptop or any other problem, this article will guide you to unlock it.
[8 Solutions] Fix “Apex Won’t Launch” on PC
Method 1: Adjust settings
- Click on the SEARCH button below the program bar and type Control panel.
- Select the option.
- You will be taken to a new page where all theControl Panel functions will be displayed.
- Choose the option ergonomics.
- Under the option ergonomics, under the Explore all settings option select make it, easier to use.
- As you scroll down the page, make sure that the option activate filter keys is disabled.
- When you are done, click OKto save the changes.
[12 Solutions] Resolve Error 0x80070015 Update / Store
Method 2: Disconnect it
- Yes settings are not the problem, there may be a problem with connection.
- Unlock it by first disconnecting from your computer.
- If you have a laptop, skip this step, except in cases of absolute necessity.
- Reconnect it.
- Please note that disconnecting and reconnecting the computer works equally well with wired and wireless models.
- Now test if the keyboard is blocked.
If the problems persist, restart your computer. It will refresh your connection with PC , allowing the system to unlock it.
[4 Solutions] File is Too Large for System …
Keyboard is blocked? Method 3: Driver reinstallation
- The keyboard is blockeddue toa faulty or obsolete driver.
- So that he works again , you may need reinstall or update the driver.
Follow these steps:
Open the device manager and develop the Keyboard category. Done right clickand select either Update the driver, that is Uninstall the device.
If you have chosen the option ” Uninstall the device “, Restart your PC. Windows will automatically install the default driver.
[9 Solutions] Resolve Error 0xc1900101 Windows Update
Check for hardware problems
Check your connection
- Sometimes the solution is simpler allowsto solve the problem.
- Make sure it is plugged in properly.
- Disconnect it and reconnect it to the same port.
- If you havea USB keyboard , you can try another USB port to isolate the problem.
Check the wireless keyboard power switch
Most, if not all, of Wireless keyboards have a switch to turn off when not in usefor’save battery. Check power switch and make sure it is turned on.
What is YourPhone.exe? Should we delete it?
Check wireless batteries and wireless adapters
If you use a wireless, be sure that the batteries are not exhausted . Also check that the wireless receiver (usually USB) is properly connected to the computerand nothing is blocking the signal.
PS / 2 ports
If you use a PS / 2 keyboard , try another PS / 2 (if you have access to it) in the same port. If you connect a known functional keyboard to the PS / 2 portof the PC and that it does not work, PS / 2 hardware may have failed .
If that is the case, the motherboard itself can be replacedto solve the problem. If you have USB ports on your PC, try a USB keyboard instead.
[6 Solutions] Repair “NET HELPMSG 2182” Windows 10
If you use a USB and the keyboard connects to a USB hub, try to connect directly to the back of the computer. If it works after that, the USB hub is probably defective and needs to be replaced.
Sometimes the devices stop working because their software is outdated. If your operating system is Microsoft Windows, Windows Update should automatically keep your drivers up to date.
For run Windows Update manually, follow these steps.
- Press on Windows key, type Windows Update, then press Entrance .
- Follow the instructions in the window that appears to update your Windows system.
Manual driver installation
If you think that Windows Updatecould not find your pilots, visit the manufacturer’s website to download them . Obtaining drivers is requiredif you use a special or programmable keyboard.
Thanks to these troubleshooting tips , you should be able to unlock it,most of the time. If your problem persists, try contact your computer manufacturer or ask for help on their forums.
See as well : [9 Solutions] My keyboard no longer works
For HP Pavilion laptop , you can unlock itby pressing the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + PrntScr.