Numerous reports have reported the appearance of a ” ETD Control Center On the users screen and many questions were asked about the functionality and necessity of the application. In this article we will introduce you the application and will tell you if you can deactivate it permanently.
If you are here and reading this article, it is safe to assume that you have encountered one or both of the above cases and if so then your search for ETD Control Center error correction is officially over.
In this well-written and well-explained article, we’ll take you step-by-step through the process of repairing and keeping your computer running smoothly.
What is ETDCtrl.exe or ETD Control Center?
Let’s start by understanding it a little. An ETD Control Center, Where Elan Trackpad Device Control Center, is a executable file which comes from a ELAN smart-pad. You will find it in laptops only because they are the only devices with a touchpad.
It is quite useless since laptops usually come with their Trackpad Software and that a few users found it easier for the to delete that of deal with any issues that appear with this program.
As the file is executable, the remove from your system will not cause you any problem because even if it is deleted, you will still have the pre-installed trackpad software from your laptop.
Some users find that this file is dangerous to use and recommend deleting it if it is found running in your system.
[8 Solutions] Repair VIDEO TDR FAILURE “nvlddmkm.sys”
It is a program which is created by ELAN Microelectronics, and generally it doesn’t cause much trouble in your system, it can be ETD Control Center virus carrier. It is therefore advised users to remove it as soon as possible possible.
If you are working on your computer, you can find the program in C: Program Files, and if you think it is harmful for your device, we suggest you to to delete.
Method 1: Disable it through task manager
Although it can cause problems, it is good to have a backup on your PC in case your trackpad drivers usual would break down.
Instead of the completely remove, you can simply deactivate the program from the task manager, and the reactivate when you need to test your trackpad or use it as backup plan.
You just need to follow the steps mentioned below, and you can do it easily.
- Press on CTRL + ALT + ESC to launch the task Manager on your system.
- Go to the Startup tab.
- Look for the ETD Control Center.
- Right click, click any program, then check the box ” deactivate “.
- Restart your computer.
[9 Solutions] This Device cannot Start (Code 10)
Method 2: Uninstall the ETDCtrl.exe
Your laptop is equipped with a Integrated trackpad ; therefore, for most users, the ETDCtrl.exe is an unnecessary resource.
He is known for exercise your CPU usage when used, and therefore users prefer remove it completely to avoid any problem it might cause.
To remove it, follow these steps:
- Open the control panel from your computer. (Press Win + R > then type ” Control“)
- Then go to Programs> Programs and Features, then look for the list of installed programs.
- Search ETD Control Center.
- Now tap the option of uninstallation.
- Wait that the uninstallation procedure is complete.
- Restart your computer.
[5 Solutions] Repair “Runtime Broker” and CPU Usage
Method 3: Update Your Trackpad Drivers
It is possible that after having deleted ETD Control Center, your laptop does not recognize the trackpad. Don’t worry, you just need to update your touchpad drivers from the device Manager in order not encounter problems after having deleted ETD.
Follow the steps below to update your Trackpad drivers:
- Click with the right mouse button on this PC on your desktop and click To manage
- Click on ” Device Manager “Which is under the tab” Tools In the left column.
- Search mouse and other pointing devices
- You must now right click on the ELAN Touchpad driver.
- There you will find a updated driver option, click on it and let your system perform the update process.
- Your computer will now find automatically the appropriate drivers and install them.
- Leave this installation process to complete.
After doing this, you will have no more problems with ETD Control Center because you are going to use the default touchpad program, so you will have no problem. It no longer uses too much of your CPU resources and don’t you gives no error message.
[3 Solutions] Solve “SS3svc32.exe” on Startup
Method 4: Remove Virus Using Antivirus or Antimalware Software
Most viruses come in the form of an executable file such as ETDCtrl.exe, a file whose threat level would be 84% if the file is in the folder C: Windows Where C: Windows System32.
If it is in one of these folders, it is possible that it is a Trojan horse or malware which comes in the form of ETDCtrl.exe file legitimate.
If so, you must ensure you have the necessary protection to face such threats ; we recommend that you do the following.
- Make sure you have a good antivirus such as Norton ready to scan your computer and to deal with any viruses found.
- Have a good anti-malware software such as Malwarebytes to face everything malware detected during a scan.
[4 Solutions] Repair “BitDefender Threat Scanner”
ETDCtrl.exe is an original program, in simpler terms, it is a touchpad software usually portable, however, it not necessary for most users since most of laptops have their touchpad software.
[8 Solutions] This Application Cannot Run on Your PC
ETD Control Center is therefore a pretty useless application. It is quite annoying as it is prone to errors and it is also known for occupy a large part of your processor resources. This is why we recommend removing the app completely instead of keeping it on your device.