Teredo is not eligible? This tool which is used as a network protocol serving to establish secure connections between the different clients and servers.
It can also be used between routers who use network address translation (NAT).
According to some users, when the use of Teredo, a problem persists, which causes connection failure for users of the Xbox One and the Xbox One app for Windows gives rise to error Teredo is not eligible for the pc Windows.
What is the cause of the “teredo is not eligible” error?
This error message is most likely due to the fact that users can’t sign in to Xbox Live and that they entered Xbox Line network settings when troubleshooting.
There are many reasons why this problem can occur, most of which are related to network.
– Bad Internet connection:
This reason is the most common, because it is probably the most common reason for users. The first step in troubleshooting is to make sure that the internet is working perfectly.
– Corrupted Teredo Adapter:
In order to operate the Teredo protocol, the mechanism uses a adapter who is installed by defaultt on your system and who is hidden.
If this adapter is corrupted where knows difficulties, you will encounter problems.
– IP Assistance Service:
the mechanism also calls on the IP Assistance service in order to change your network settings.
If this service is not activated or if he is manual, you will encounter several problems.
– Teredo server name:
He also has a configured virtual server on your computer to work.
If this server name is set to a Other name as the name by default, you may encounter problems when the connection.
– It is disabled in the registry:
If the Teredo protocol is disabled in your registry, you will not be able to sign in, and you will encounter the error message every time the Xbox tries to connect to the Live service.
[11 Solutions] Resolve the ERR_TIMED_OUT CHROME Error
Your router must also support UPnPv2 in order to correctly execute the Teredo protocol. If it does not support it or if it is disabled, the PThe connection process will not be carried out.
– Damaged hosts file:
Each Windows version has a Hosts file which is used to match domain names to IP addresses.
If there are incorrect entries in the hosts file, you will encounter problems when connection to the Teredo protocol.
– The router does not support Teredo:
If your router does not support Teredo or if he is disabled to do so, you may see the error message in question.
– Windows obsolete:
The microsoft engineers also recognized officially the problem and published potential updates to correct the problem.
If you have an outdated version of Windows, it is possible that this is the reason why you are getting the error message.
[4 Solutions] Resolve Error aka.ms/remoteconnect
The VPN or others network change applications further modify the your network configurations. This comes into conflict with this mechanism.
Before you start looking for solutions, make sure you are logged in as administrator on your computer.
In addition, you must have your xbox credentials at hand, because you will need to enter them frequently.
Before moving on to solutions, make sure you have updated your Windows and all Xbox games to the latest version.
[5 Solutions] An unhandled exception has occurred in your application
Solution 1: Check the Internet connection:
To resolve the error message ” Teredo is not eligible“, The very first step is to make sure that your Internet connection is active.
If your computer fails to connect to servers due to persistent problems, you will not be able to connect using the Teredo protocol.
In this solution, we will give you some practical advice that you can implement to ensure that you have a good internet connection.
- try sign in to Microsoft’s Xbox website when you are connected to the internet.
- Check if you are able to log into your account correctly.
- If you manage to connect to the website, but not at Live service, try connect another computer to the same network and launch Xbox Live to see if he connects correctly.
- If you are using a Open or public internet, it is recommended to switch to a private internet.
- In general, a Open or public internet has limited access, preventing some add-ons like Xbox Live to work as expected.
If the above tips don’t work, you need to proceed to a complete reset of your router.
This step can be skipped and followed at the end after trying all other troubleshooting techniques.
Solution 2: Check your Hosts file
Every computer has a HOSTS file which allows to do match hostnames to IP addresses when the computer connects to the internet.
We have encountered several cases where this hosts file was corrupted where contained lots of extra entries.
This caused several problems which also affected the Teredo adapter.
In this solution we will access the hosts file and make sure that everything works perfectly.
- Press on Windows + S, type ” command prompt In the dialog box.
- Done right click on the application and select Execute as administrator.
- Now run the following command:
notepad.exe c: WINDOWS system32 drivers etc hosts
- When the Hosts file will be opened in Notepad, click on Ctrl + F and type the following sentence:
- If you find entries, see to delete them. Save the changes made to hosts file, and then restart your computer.
- Now check if the problem is fixed and if the problem is fixed.
Solution 3: Make sure that the IP Assistance service is started.
- Navigate to Windows Services:
- Press on Windows + R keys to open the execution control box.
- Type: services.msc and click on OK.
- Locate the IP Assistance service and see if the service is started.
- If not, then:
- Double click on the IP Assistance service.
- Set the startup type to Automatic and click on OK.
- Restart your computer.
Yes IP Assistance service does not start after restart, make sure that you are not using optimization program that turns off the service.
Solution 4: Uninstall and reinstall Teredo Adapter.
Remark : if you use a firewall software for protect your computer, uninstall it before continuing.
Besides, check on your router if IPv6 connectivity is blocked.
So that he works, enable IPv6 and Teredo connectivity on your router.
- Go to Device Manager :
- Press on Windows + R keys for open the Run command box.
- Type: devmgmt.msc and click on OK.
- In the View menu, select Show hidden devices.
- Expand network adapters.
- Uninstall all Teredo adapters: Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface, Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter, etc.
- Restart your system.
- Open command prompt (Admin).
- Enter the following command and press Entrance for automatically reinstall the adapter:
netsh interface Teredo set state type = default
- Go to Device Manager and check if the Teredo adapter is listed under Network Adapters.
- (Enable hidden devices first: View> Show hidden devices).
- Yes Teredo is not listed, try to install it manually.
Solution 5: Disable all VPN service
In the device Manager, navigate to Show hidden devices and locate network adapters.
Uninstall the adapters bearing the name TAP-Windows Adapter A9 or all of it other similar adapter.
Restart your computer after made the changes and check if that solves your Teredo error is not eligible.