You may find the solution here if you recently installed an Adobe program, and you receive an error message (the application failed to start correctly 0xc0000022) when opening the application,
The error message states that the application could not start correctly so click OK to close the application. The problem may persist even if you decide to reinstall Adobe software.
CAUSES OF ERROR CODE 0XC0000022 ON WINDOWS:
- Registry files missing or corrupted and in particular DLL file (s).
- The programs Antivirus / Malware and firewall installed.
- Lack or access rights incorrect at the computer (administration rights).
- Internet connection slow / unreliable.
- Conflicts internal specific to applications Microsoft.
- Wrong configuration of the proxy.
- Infection by virus / malware.
6 SOLUTIONS TO CORRECT ERROR CODE 0XC0000022
1) Install / Repair Microsoft Visual C ++ 2013 Redistributable Package
This problem can be caused by the missing or corrupted package of Microsoft Visual C ++ 2013 redistributable. So you should install it, if you don’t already have it. If you already have it in your system, follow these steps to fix it.
- Open the Control panel and go to Programs and functions. Now,
you should find the package Microsoft Visual C ++ 2013 redistributable in the
- Right click on it and click on the button To modify.
- Then you should find the option To fix. Click on it to repair installation.
- It will take a few moments.
- After having ended, you have to to restart your PC.
- If the problem is not resolved, you must uninstall this package and download it
from the website of Microsoft.
- If you are using Windows 10, you cannot do this because it only supports up to Windows 8.1.
See also: Repair Windows Update Error Code 80244019 [6 Méthodes]
2) Change file permissions
Sometimes wrong file permissions can cause this problem. Therefore, you must have full control of the file.
For that, make a click law on the icon you use to open the application Adobe and select Properties. Go to the tab Security and click on the button To modify.
In the next window, select the current user account and make sure that the option Total control is checked. Do it and save your modification.
3) Repair corrupted files
Utility sfc It allows you to to analyze your Hard disk potentially looking for files corrupt that could trigger the error 0xc0000022.
Follow these steps to run this tool:
- Click on To start up
- Type cmd in the search field
- Right-click on the Command Prompt result and select Execute as administrator.
- Type: sfc / scannow
- Press on Entrance
See also: How to remove Pagefile.sys? (Simple and efficient method)
4) CHECK THE STATUS OF THE SOFTWARE PROTECTION SERVICE
The problem may occur even after acquiring computer administration rights, you must to verify the status of the software protection service to make sure it is not stopped.
- Press the key combination Win + R to open the window execute.
- Type ” services.msc »Before pressing Entrance.
- Search to find ” software protection“. Analyze the state of the service and
restart in case it is stopped.
- Restart your computer and check if error code 0xc0000022 persists or not.
- It should be gone and if it isn’t then try the next method.
5) RUN SYSTEM FILE CHECKER
Running the built-in System File Checker can be helpful in resolving the error. The tool to analyse and try to to fix the corrupt files which may be the cause of the error.
- Click on ” To start up“.
- Type ” cmd ” in the case ” Find programs and files“.
- Press the combination CTRL + Shift + Enter before clicking on ” OK ” for
open thecommand prompt.
- Type ” chkdsk / f / r In the prompt before pressing Entrance.
- Type ” O In response to the resulting notification.
- Restart the computer to allow the disk check.
- You should give the tool time to complete before performing another system restore or launching an application to see if the 0xc0000022 error is fixed or not.
6) System restore to fix error 0xc0000022
You just need to perform a system restore in case the error occurs while trying to launch any Microsoft related application.
- Press the key combination Win + Q.
- Click on ” Settings“.
- Choose the icon ” Recovery“.
- Select ” Open System Restore In the window that opens.
- Choose an earlier date when your computer worked without problems.
- The tool should start at function before shutting down and restarting the computer.
- Try launching the application to see if restoring your system helps resolve error 0xc0000022.
hope this is fixed. I don’t see anything else that could fix it, but if you’ve found another solution, please post it in the comments for others to see.
Do you have any other comments or ideas? Please post them below and thank you.