A few hours after the article we dedicated to the MIUI 13 Global Stable release program for Q2 and Q3 2022, the time has already come to take stock of the situation again, because numerous Xiaomi, Redmi and POCO-branded smartphones have started to receive new software updates. While there are some minor updates, including monthly security patches and little else, on the other hand there are some models that are making the long-awaited leap to the new version of MIUI.
POCO F2 Pro, POCO F3, Redmi 9, POCO M2, Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G, Xiaomi 11T Pro, Redmi Note 9, Redmi Note 9 Pro, Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite, Redmi Note 10 Pro: the news of the updates
As you have noticed from the list above, there are many smartphones from Redmi, Xiaomi and POCO that in the past few hours have started to receive software updates: from the not more recent POCO F2 Pro to the best buy POCO F3 5G – recently back on the crest of the wave thanks to amazing offers -, passing through new arrivals such as Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G and former top of the range such as Xiaomi 11T Pro; Finally, there are various economic models such as Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite, POCO M2, Redmi Note 9, Redmi Note 9 Pro and Redmi 9.
Given that everything that follows is already official as announced directly by the manufacturer, here are all the models and details of the software updates they are receiving:
- Redmi 9 is updating to the firmware version MIUI-V188.8.131.52.RJCMIXM, the roll out is aimed at Mi Pilot users, it is a Global Stable Beta and the non-release in Costa Rica is reported.
- LITTLE F3 (of which you can find our review at this link) is updating to a new build of the MIUI 13but it’s still about Partial Release, therefore available for a limited number of users; the firmware versions released are: MIUI-V184.108.40.206.SKHTWXM (Taiwan), MIUI-V220.127.116.11.SKHRUXM (Russia).
- POCO F2 Pro is receiving the firmware version MIUI-V18.104.22.168.SJKEUXM, therefore destined for Europe (but Sweden and Portugal are expressly excluded), and it is also a Partial Release. As the following screenshots show, the smartphone receives a full package of: MIUI 13Android 12 and March 2022 security patch. The OTA file weighs 3.4 GB and the change log reports the following news:
- MIUI 13: New: Super wallpapers “Crystallization”; New: A new widget ecosystem with app support; Optimization: Improves overall stability.
- Background: New: “Crystallization” Live Wallpapers.
- Other features: New: Apps can be opened as pop-up windows directly from the sidebar; Optimization: Improved accessibility support for Phone, Clock and Weather; Optimization: Mind map nodes are more intuitive.
- System: MIUI Stable based on Android 12; Android security patch updated to March 2022. Increased system security.
- LITTLE M2 is receiving the MIUI-V22.214.171.124.RJRINXM firmware version, it is an Indian build and a Partial Release.
- Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G (of which you can find our review at this link): the Partial Release of the build has been announced for this model Global MIUI-V126.96.36.199.RKCMIXM – excluding Myanmar (Burma), Thailand, Laos, Philippines, Malaysia, Cambodia and Costa Rica; but also the Partial Release European MIUI-V188.8.131.52.RKCEUXM (which cuts out Norway, Sweden, Bulgaria, Czech Republic and Poland); and MIUI-V184.108.40.206.RKCTRXM (Turkey), also in this case a Partial Release.
- Xiaomi 11T Pro (here is our review) is getting in Europe the MIUI-V220.127.116.11.SKDEUXM build, the roll out starts from Mi Pilot users.
- Redmi Note 9 updates to MIUI-V18.104.22.168.RJOEUXM, but it is a Partial Release and, although it is the European ROM, France, Hungary and Poland are excluded.
- Redmi Note 9 Pro updates to MIUI-V22.214.171.124.RJZMIXM Global Stable, the roll out excludes Costa Rica and the changelog reports the security patches of March 2022.
- Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite updates to MIUI 13 with base Android 12 level Global. MIUI-V126.96.36.199.SJSMIXM is a Global Stable (excluding Chile) and the changelog reports: security patch of March 2022; MIUI Stable with Android 12; New: Apps can be opened as pop-up windows directly from the sidebar; Optimization: Improved accessibility support for Phone, Clock and Weather; Optimization: Mind map nodes are more intuitive.
- Redmi Note 10 Pro (here is our review) is receiving the MIUI-V188.8.131.52.SKFTRXM Turkish Stable, the changelog only reports the security patches of March 2022.
How to update Xiaomi, Redmi and POCO smartphones
As explained from time to time, not all these updates are already available in Europe and for all users, in any case you can carry out a manual check of availability through the usual path “Settings> System info> MIUI version> Check for updates“.
Read also: best Xiaomi smartphones of April 2022