For a few months Google finally provides detailed information on the new features that it introduces from time to time with the monthly system update of Android, Wear OS, Android TV and Android Auto which releases through the Play Store and in the past few hours has kicked off the roll out than that of March.
What’s new in Google’s system update for March 2022
Among the most important news reported by the Mountain View giant is the resolution of some critical bugs “For device connectivity, developer services, security and emergency and utility related services”.
Other important changes include improvements to privacy settings, optimization of the system for downloading and installing apps from the Play Store, improving the system to find favorite apps and games, improvements to the overall stability of the Play Store and its system of protection from dangerous content.
And again, with this update, connectivity, stability and system security are improved and new features are introduced for app developers.
here is the complete changelog (the latest available versions of Google Play Store and Google Play Services are v29.5 and v22.09 respectively):
- [Auto, Phone, Tablet, TV, Wear OS] Bug fixes for device connectivity, developer services, safety & emergency, and utilities related services.
- [Phone, TV] With the update to the Play Games Services profile, users will be able to better manage their privacy settings.
Google Play Store
- Improvements to Play-as-you-download feature to let gamers start playing mobile games while the app download continues to reduce waiting times.
- New Features to help you discover the Apps & Games you love.
- Optimizations allowing faster and more reliable download and installation.
- New features to the Play Pass and Play Points programs.
- Enhancements to Google Play Billing.
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device safe.
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes and improvements to security, stability and accessibility.
- [Phone] Improved user experience and feature education for NFC / HCE-enabled devices.
- Updates to system management services that improve device connectivity, network usage, stability, security and updatability.
- New developer features for Google and third party app developers to support ads, accessibility, analytics & diagnostics and machine learning & AI, and security & privacy related developer services in their apps.
You can manage Google system updates from the Settings menu, by entering the section dedicated to Google and selecting Other.