Google recently began detailing what’s new in its monthly updates to the Google Play system.
The support page highlighted the changes in December 2021 and January 2022, and now the Mountain View giant has again updated the page to reflect the improvements provided by the latest updates from Google Play Services and the Google Play Store.
The changes include the ability to manually add login credentials for sites and apps to Google Password Manager, an improved way to log into Android TV using Android smartphones, and more.
Here are the news of Google Play Services and Play Store
Below are all the changes that are part of the January 2022 update for Play Store and Play Services.
- [Auto, smartphone, tablet, TV, Wear OS] Improved the Google Account support experience on Android by offering users more relevant content based on where they started.
Security and privacy
- [Smartphone] ability to manually add credentials for apps and sites to Google Password Manager.
- [Auto, smartphone, tablet, TV, Wear OS] New way to explain what’s new in a major operating system update.
- [Smartphone] With the update for Android TV, users will have a new way to access their smart TV using Android smartphones.
- [Smartphone] With updates to the new version of Contact UI, users can approve consents.
- [Smartphone] Users will have the ability to find the agency they are looking for without manually scrolling.
- [Auto, smartphone, tablet, TV, Wear OS] Some eligible cardholder users will automatically use SMS verification.
- New features for Google and third-party app developers to support ads, analytics and diagnostics, machine learning, and AI-related developer services in their apps.
- Improvements to the Google login interface
All changes listed are included in Google Play Services version 22.02.03 and Google Play Store version 28.8. Both updates have been rolling out to Android devices since last week.
It may interest you: How to update and install the Google Play Store for Android