Windows Update error 80070103: If you cannot run Windows Update because of this error, then we will find out how to fix it.
CAUSES OF ERROR 8007010103
In many cases, you may encounter the error code 80070103. Here is the list of these causes.
- When installing a pilot of a device that is already installed in the system.
- When Windows Update tries to install a driver for a device that is not compatible with an existing driver, which means that the driver for the current device is better than the one Windows is trying to install.
- When you upgrade your Windows operating system. Either way, this is an internal conflict.
- When a driver for a device is not functioning properly.
SOLUTIONS OF ERROR 8007010103
Method 1: Reinstall the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
If you have the error 80070103, you can try to download the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website and then install it. This should help you resolve the issue.
Method 2: Uninstall device drivers
- Press the key Windows + R then type devmgmt.msc and press Entrance.
- Click on the network card and with the right mouse button select Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller and click Uninstall.
In the new window, select Remove the driver for this device and click OK.
Restart your PC and Windows will automatically install the default settings.
Method 3: Rename the SoftwareDistribution File
- Press the key Windows + X then and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- Then type the following commands to stop Windows Update
- Services, press Enter after each of these commands:
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
sharp stop bits
net stop msiserver
- Then type the following command to rename the SoftwareDistribution file then press Enter:
ren C: Windows SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C: Windows System32 catroot2 catroot2 catroot2.old
- Finally, type the following command to launch Windows Update Services and press Enter after each of these commands:
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
network start bits
net start msiserver
- Restart your PC to save the changes and see if you can fix Windows Update Error 8007010103.
See also: Fix Error Code 0x80073712 Windows Update [6 Solutions]
Method 4: Hide the update
If the device driver does not work correctly, you should not install the update.
In this case, you can simply hide the update, to prevent Windows Update from installing.
The solution goes as follows:
- Click on the button To start up
- Type settings then update and security
- After you choose ” Windows Update” , then check for updates.
- Select updates, by right-clicking and clicking hide.
- Then click on OK.
- Click on the button Install updates, to install any additional updates that are selected.
Once the update message is hidden, this error will no longer appear.