You are a fan of Mozilla Firefox ? And you use it continuously to access websites and do your research. Then you will certainly see this error ” A web page slows down your browser. What do you want to do ?
You have two options at this time because two buttons will be offered to you by the browser.
Either “Stop” or “Wait”.
What does this error message mean ” A web page slows down your browser »And how to fix it? This is what we are going to find out.
Here we will discuss the steps that can help you solve your problem with your Firefox browser slowing down. Review the steps that can help you resolve this issue.
Samsung Magician Player is not supported
Solution 1: Disable Flash protect mode Adobe
This solution was intended for people using 32-bit computers since this option does not even exist on browsers running on 64-bit versions of Windows.
Protected mode option is designed for you protect from intruders and malicious attacks, but even users of Mozilla recognize that she can cause constant crashes and errors like this one. This is why you can deactivate it and check if that will solve your problem.
For 64-bit Windows users, there is a different method below this that is a bit more advanced.
- Open your Mozilla browser by double-clicking on its icon on office or by searching for it in the Start menu.
- Click on menu button located at the top right of the browser window and click Extensions.
- On the right side of the screen, locate and click the “Extensions” option to see the complete list of plugins installed in your browser.
- Click on Options next to the entrance Flash Shockwave and remove the check mark next to the entry ” Enable Adobe Flash Protected Mode“.
- Check if the problem is resolved after restarting your browser.
Windows 64-bit operating system users:
- Open your file explorer and try to navigate to this location from » My computer “Or” This PC “:
C: Windows SysWOW64 Macromed Flash
- If you can’t see none of the current files, it’s because hidden files are hidden in your system and that you must display them.
- Click on the ” Display ” in the file explorer menu and tick the box ” Hidden elements ” in the section Show / hide.
- File Explorer will display hidden files and will remember this option until you edit it again.
- Locate a file named mms.cfg.
- Click on it with the right button mouse button and choose ” To modify“.
- Note that you must have administrator permissions to do this. Yes the file does not exist, done right click anywhere in the folder Flash and choose New >> Text file.
- Save the file as the name “mms.cfg” and set Save as type option on All types.
- In any case, open the mms.cfg file and place the following line at the bottom of the document: ProtectedMode = 0
- Save the changes and close Notepad.
- This change will only be applied when the Flash plugin will be completely unused, which means you will need to close Firefox and wait a few minutes.
[7 Solutions] Wifi does not have a Valid IP Configuration
You can solve this problem by deleting browsing data from Firefox. The steps that are mentioned in the below part of the article will help you do that.
- First, do a double click on Mozilla Firefox browser to open it.
- Otherwise, you can search for it from the ” To start up Which can be found at the bottom left of your computer screen.
- Then click on the Library button which you will find at the top right corner of your computer screen.
- Then click on History option, then go to the option Clear recent history.
- Then you will find different types of options to define and click on the All option in the list that appears.
- Select at this time the shortest option of browsing and download history, cookies, cache and active connections.
- Then click on the Erase Now option.
- Wait a few minutes to complete the procedure, then restart your Mozilla Firefox browser.
[9 Solutions] Cannot connect to Steam Network
Method 3: Update the graphics card driver
Updating the graphics card driver can also sometimes solve the problem of a web page, which slows down your browser. If you don’t know these steps, follow the part of the article below.
Step 1 :
- First, go to the start menu which is located at the bottom left of your computer screen.
- Then type Device Manager in the dialog box that appears.
- Then click on the option Device Manager in the menu list that appears.
- You can use the Win + R key at the same time from your keyboard and open the Run dialog box.
- Then type devmgmt.msc in the dialog box that appears and click the button OK.
2nd step :
- After that, the window of the device Manager will appear on your screen.
- Then open the categories and this will help you find device name.
- Then open the category “Display adapters” and click with the right button mouse over graphics card.
- Then click on the Update driver option.
- Then click on Update driver option and choose Automatically check for updated driver software.
- Then follow the instructions that appear on the screen to complete the update.
[9 Solutions] Windows Update no longer works
Method 4: Check Firefox Video Settings
Once you have completed the steps outlined in the above part of the article, you should now check your Firefox video settings.
The following part of the article will help you learn the steps to follow:
- First, you will need to open Mozilla browser in your system, by double-clicking on Firefox icon from your desktop screen to open it.
- Otherwise, you can use the start menu to open the Firefox browser.
- Then go to the address bar and type the following address and press the button » Entrance ” about :
preferences # privacy
- Now move your cursor at the bottom of the window in the permissions section.
- Then go to general option and select performance and uncheck all options.
[6 Solutions] Resolve NTLDR Missing Error
Method 5: Disable both settings in “About: config”
If you haven’t used all the methods we mentioned in the previous part of the article, then you should try the steps we provided in the next part of the article.
Follow the steps described below:
- First, you need to open Mozilla browser.
- Then go to the address bar and type the following commands.
- Then press the enter button after the command regarding : config.
2nd step :
- Then search the Hang the process option in the search bar which is at the top of the page. Here you will find the two input names which are “Dom.ipc.processHangMonitor” and “Dom.ipc.reportProcessHangs”. Then double click on the two entries that change the status.
- Once you have completed the steps that we mentioned above, Now check your system to see if the problem still persists.
[4 Solutions] Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Driver
Method 6: Error Occurring with YouTube
If this problem only arises Youtube, it may be because of their new design which can sometimes be buggy.
In addition, this consumes a lot of resources and go back to the old version of YouTube can just solve the problem for you immediately.
- Open your Navigator. Enter the address ” youtube.com ” in the address bar or just copy it.
- Locate the icon of profile picture in the upper right part of the windows and click on the arrow pointing down.
- Locate the option ” Restore the old version of Youtube From the drop-down menu.
- Take the Google Reason Quiz for which you switch to the old version of the site and check if Youtube always displays the same error message.
Hope this article helped you solve your problem, a web page slowing down your browser. If you have any other questions on this subject, you can give us your comments in the ” Comments“.
If you are unable to resolve this issue by following the steps above, you can also seek professional help to get rid of this error.