Many of you may be thinking about the exact definition of the Cisco LEAP module ? Many of you may not know he is a WiFi extension protocol.
It supports strong mutual authentication Between the RADIUS client and server because it is a 802.1X authentication type for wireless LANs.
Authentication between the customer and the RADIUS server mainly uses a login password. It also provides encryption keys per session and dynamic per user.
It includes all products Cisco wireless, including products Aironet and the Cisco compatible client devices, no additional cost.
4 Solutions for Windows 7 AppHangB1 Error
It can be installed on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. But what if you want it remove ?
In this article you will find links to download, as well as methods to remove it.
Is it safe to remove the Cisco LEAP module?
If you don’t use no Cisco product on your network, you can remove or remove or uninstall and that will not be a problem.
Even if you accidentally remove or delete from your device, this will not be a problem.
As mentioned above, Cisco LEAP is a WiFi extension protocol which is not used nowadays. It is widely used in businesses or in wireless education systems.
So even if you intentionally remove it or not, it won’t be any problem if you don’t use it on your network domain. You can install it if you want to use it.
If you want install it on your devices, you just need to follow the mentioned steps for successful installation on your devices.
Manage Sysmain: How to Activate / Deactivate this Service?
Follow the steps mentioned below for successful installation on your devices.
1. Activate Windows update
Before starting the installation on your PC, make sure that your Windows is up to date. If not, follow the steps mentioned below.
- 1 – Open Properties by clicking with right mouse button on the icon Workplace.
- 2 – Click on advanced system settings.
- 3 – After clicking on the Advanced system settings, a window appears.
- From there, select the button Equipment.
- 4 – Select now the installation parameters of the device.
- 5 – After having carried out all the steps mentioned above, it is recommended to choose the option YES (Recommended) ” to automatically download manufacturer apps and custom icons available for your devices“.
5 Solutions to Resolve Runtime Error
2. Creation of ECP node for EAP-FAST
- Step 1 – For this you must download Cisco EAP-FAST.reg file. Click here for download it.
- 2nd step – After the download, for run the Cisco EAP-FAST.reg file, double-click on it. It is not necessary to create registry entries for EAP-FAST since the reg file will automatically create the relevant registry entries for EAP-FAST.
3. Install the drivers for the ECP node using Windows Update
- Step 1 – After creating the ECP node for EAP-FAST, wait about 5 or 10 minutes. The ECP node will appear automatically in the device Manager.
- 2nd step – Open the Properties by clicking with right mouse button on Workplace.
- Step 3 – Choose again Device Manager.
- Step 4 – the device Manager will have an option of ECP node. Select ECP node.
- Step 5 – Now update the driver by clicking with the right mouse button on the ECP node.
- Step 6 – You can now install EAP-FAST on your device once Windows update completed.
If you want support protocols using the same process, you have to perform a Windows deployment on the peripheral devices of surface.
For activate support of Cisco LEAP module or PEAP, EAP-FAST, follow the given steps.
- 1 – To launch the process, you must first download and extract all installation files for each protocol.
- It is recommended extract all files to separate folders which are also at an easily accessible place.
- 2 – After performing the above step, you need to open the MDT Deployment Workbench.
- Next, Expand your deployment share to the Applications folder.
- 3 – Now open the action component and choose New application.
- 4 – Now you have to copy MSI files in deployment sharing. To do this, select the application with the source files.
- 5 – Select the folder you created in the step above.
- 6 – You must now name the deployment share folder where you go store installation files.
- 7 – you have to specify command line for deploy the application. The following steps are mentioned below.
– EAP-PEAP.msi / qn / norestart – for PEAP
– EAP-LEAP.msi / qn / norestart – For LEAP
– EAP-FAST.msi / qn / norestart – for EAP-FAST
- 8 – To fill in the “New Request Assistant“, Use the default options.
- 9 – For complete each desired protocol, repeat steps 3 to 8.
MSI packages will be available for the selection in the Applications page of the Windows deployment wizard only when you import the three MSI packages as applications in MDT.
However, it is not recommended to select each package at the time of deployment during scenarios of simple deployments.
It is possible that a device surface is deployed without EAP support because of a human error or that the technician or developer applied these packages to the computer rather than surface devices.
For hide displayed applications like optional applications during the deployment, you have to go to the properties of each application and select the Hide this application option in the deployment wizard.
[4 Solutions] Your protection against viruses and threats …
If you want explicitly define protocols, follow the steps given below.
- 1 – Access to surface deployment task sequence properties from the MDT deployment platform.
- 2 – You must now go to the task sequence and then go to state restore.
- From there, select the option Install the task sequence applications.
- 3 – You must now create a new installer application. To do this, use the button Add of the category General.
- 4 – In the tab ” Properties“, Select” Install a single application“.
- 5 – You can now select the desired EAP protocol in the list that appears.
- 6 – For each desired protocol, repeat steps 2 to 5.
Msdia80.dll What is it? Should we delete it?
The above information explains in detail what is the cisco LEAP module, if he is sure or not and if he is sure of remove it or not. The steps are explained in detail to help you download it successfully to your devices.
[3 Solutions] Java Platform se Binary Not Responding?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
How do I remove the Cisco LEAP module?
You can of course remove it in three easy steps if your system is not working properly.
To delete it:
- Access to Programs and Features by doing a simple search in your start menu.
- Find programs like the Cisco module EAP-FAST, the LEAP or PEAP.
- Then uninstall– them one by one by clicking on the right button of the mouse.
[6 Solutions] The Requested Operation Requires Elevation
Should I remove the Cisco jump module?
Well, that is entirely up to you. If you don’t use Cisco products, go ahead, you can easily operate your system without it.
But, in case you delete it thinking that it is a virus or that it is not safe, it is not true. If your system is using it, I suggest you don’t delete it.
Is Cisco LEAP Module A a virus?
As I described earlier, it is completely secure and obviously not a virus. Rather, it is a prototype wireless LAN for strong password authentication.
What is the EAP-FAST module?
After a few years of launch, LEAP is replaced by FAST, which is also developed by Cisco as LEAP. FAST (Flexible Authentication via Secure Tunneling) finally solved the latter’s security concerns.
So there is no doubt that it is much better than the old one and that’s why you should use it.
What are Cisco Modules?
There are mainly three Cisco LEAP module programs. They are…
- LEAP (Lightweight Extensible Authentication Protocol)
- EAP-FAST which I mentioned previously.
- PEAP (Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol)
Hope after reading this post you have an account of the Cisco Leap module and that you can make yourself a idea whether you really need to delete it or not.
If you have any questions regarding this post, please comment on them below, I’d be happy to help.
That’s all for this post, see you next time,