If your Windows Update no longer works or the service cannot update your system, then this article can help you. Users of 7, 8 and Win 10 are not the only ones facing this problem.
Microsoft provides frequently from security fixes and software updates to correct bugs and patches. Users are faced with several serious problems at the time of installing the latest update.
Reasons why Windows Update is not working
Many users wonder why my Windows update no longer works. Read the reasons below.
- Win Update is corrupted – If the update is corrupted or damaged, you will be faced with this error.
- The service is not working: If the service is disabled, or incorrectly configured, you cannot install new updates.
- a Server problem: from time to time, Microsoft servers are down and that is why you are facing this problem.
- Storage not available – Check that you have enough space to download the new Win Update. This is the main reason for the problem.
[6 Solutions] Resolve NTLDR Missing Error
Fix Windows Update errors with basic troubleshooting solutions
To throw the troubleshooting tool to resolve errors. It works great, especially when you update your 10, 7 or 8.1.
Method 1: Perform troubleshooting to correct the error
There are two methods available for run the troubleshooting tool: Troubleshooting method 1: Download the Convenience store then double-click on Convenience store > Follow the instructions in the assistant for resolve errors.
Troubleshooting method 2:
- Go ==> Settings ==> select Update and security
- Click with the right button mouse ==> select To open.
- Under Update and security left, ==> Problem resolution
- Click on Win Update and click on Run the troubleshooter
This solution will help you fix any problem.
Resolving “Killer Network Manager” Errors
Method 2: Free up space on internal hard drive
The mistake may occur due to insufficient computer disk space. Before update your operating system, it is advisable to make sure that your computer has sufficient internal disk space. Storage space next is the minimum free disk space required to update the version below from operating system :
- 32-bit OS> 16 GB of free space
- 64-bit OS> 20 GB of free space
Remark : if storage space from your computer is insufficient even after having freed up disk space, you can then insert a USB stick to update your computer.
[4 Solutions] Troubleshoot Modern Setup Host and its Problems
Method 3: Restart the PC to apply updates
It is often observed that your mistake does not reflect before you do not restart your computer. To fix it, you need to restart your device. Note : Before rrestart Win 10 and relaunch the WU application, make sure you have saved all your work.
Method 4: Install update KB3102810
- Download and install the update security KB3102810. After installation, restart your computer and check if there are any updates. (Applied to: Win 7 SP1 & Win Server 2008 R2 SP1).
- Restart your computer.
[3 Solutions] Razer Synapse Won’t Open: What to Do?
Method 5: Update the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver.
Install and run the latest driver for Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST). Source: http://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c02219204 * You can download the latest RSTS driver on the website of your computer manufacturer or on the Intel Rapid Storage Technology® (Intel® RST) download center to make sure it will work. Link : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-
Method 6: Check for disk errors
It is possible to check if the disk contains errors, but I prefer old version of command prompt. She seems to find and correct more problems.
- Click with the right button on the start button and F Command Prompt (Admin).
- You can also expand the windows system in the start menu, click with the right button knowr Command prompt and select Execute as administrator.
- Check if the disk classification system contains errors and fix them by entering the command: chkdsk c: / f
- A message is displayed to indicate that he cannot verify disk at this time, but that he can do it at next start.
- Press on Y to confirm this, type exit and restart.
[6 Solutions] Ubisoft Service is Currently Unavailable
Method 7: Check System Files
System files may have been deleted or corrupted, so it is recommended to verify that they are all present and correct. Open a command prompt (as in the previous section), and enter: sfc / scannow
When he’s finished, enter those two commands. They perform other system file checks. DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-image / scanhealth DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-image / Restorehealth
Method 9: Rename the Software Distribution folder
The “Software Distribution” backup folder contains all temporary files for updates. The fact of rename this file can fix errors ofUpdate.
- Type cmd in the search box.
- Now click with lright button of your mouse on command prompt to select Execute as administrator.
- Type the following commands at the command prompt individually and press Entrance. Make sure to type the commands below one after the other. net stop bits net stop wuauserv ren% systemroot% softwaredistribution softwaredistribution.bak ren% systemroot% system32 catroot2 catroot2.bak net start bits net start wuauserv
- Finally, if you have completed the steps, close the command prompt and restart your device.
Method 10: Uninstall the third-party software
Sometimes incompatible third-party security software like the anti-virus, the pc optimizers can cause Update errors. In order to resolve this type of problem, you can temporarily uninstall your anti-virus software to see if you can update your Win 10 with success or not.
Note : He is always recommended to use genuine third-party software to avoid everything problem.
Method 10: Disable VPN / Proxy or try to disconnect the driver from the player
When updating, if you encounter an error like 0x80200056 or 0x800F0922, it’s time to check your internet connection or from deactivate your VPN / Proxy services. If the problem persists, you can disable media driver as the DVD player or SD card reader. Steps to disable a device driver:
- Open the device manager in the search box of start menu.
- The Device Manager window opens.
- Search the SD card reader driver and disable it.
- Activate it again after the update is complete.
Note : for disable a device driver, you must be logged in as administrator.
Method: Update via the WSUS Offline Updater
The problem of Windows Update not working can also be fixed by using the WSUS Offline Updater, small free software tool for Windows 7/8 that allows you to automatically download updates that are missing from the Microsoft server.
Step 1 : Download WSUS Offline Updater Tool and verify that the version you want to download is the most recent version of this software.
2nd step : Extract the case wsusoffline.zip and run it.
All of the pending UPs that were downloaded in the last step will be installed. THE
Their installation can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours.
Use Microsoft’s Update Catalog
They can be downloaded directly from the Microsoft WU Catalog website, instead of relying on WU only:
Open Settings, then Update & Security and see which KB number… update will not install. Then go to theMicrosoft Update Catalog and look for the KB number….
This article has given you full information on the way to fix Win Update errors in your 10, 7 and 8.1. Besides, ejecting the external drive from your computer, such as disk drive, memory card, etc., which is not necessary for experform basic computer functions can correct the problem. However, incorrect execution of methods such as reinstallation or updating may result in data loss. In such cases, use Remo Recover tool to easily restore data.