Sometimes, just when you thought your computer is in good shape, your Windows explorer stops working, hangs and restarts. You get error messages like ” Windows explorer has stopped working“.
You don’t have to do anything, but the blackout continues to stress you out. Worry no more because this article will show you how to fix the problem.
What is Windows Explorer?
The Explorer is a tool of integrated file management which is also sometimes called File Explorer. It was first published in the operating system 98. It interfaces with a number of other components, such as the Task Manager, the Office, etc., with the addition of the component ” breadcrumbs As a form of easy navigation.
What are the causes of this error?
There are several factors that cause this error, which is why it is important that you make sure that your operating system is always up to date.
Microsoft continuously publishes new updates security and new service packs, which helps prevent problems with Windows Explorer.
the most common causes are:
- Your operating system was infected with a virus who has corrupted important system files.
- Your graphics card drivers are corrupt or out of date.
- A application or one tool enter conflict with Windows Explorer component.
- a document, a video or a picture is corrupt.
[6 Solutions] Repair “WMI Provider Host” CPU Usage
Solution .1 – Deep scan of your system
90% this problem occurred because of the presence of viruses on your system computer and the best way to to delete all the virus from your computer, you will need to scan completely your computer using a antivirus software and in case, you don’t have antivirus installed in your computer then i’ll strongly suggest to install some one, because just one virus can make things worse.
4 Methods to Remove AutoKMS / Win32 HackTool
Solution. 2 – Correct the problem by updating the video drivers
Yes the video driver is outdated or corrupted, there is a very good chance that it will stop working.
Make sure you Download and to install the last video driver to avoid such problems.
Update your Windows software as it will automatically replace any drive issues and also replace your video drivers with the newest one.
This will solve many problems in the system so that it does not happen of errors which cause shutdown or reset your system and protect your system.
[7 Solutions] Solve “Clock Watchdog Timeout” Win 10
Solution .3 – Repair the error with CMD
If the previous solution does not work for you, it is quite possible that the files of your computer have been corrupt and must be repaired. To repair your Windows, there is a command CMD unique that you can use.
CMD command “Sfc / Scannow”: is a command system analysis for detect and to fix errors automatically by command prompt. This is the best way to repair your windows .
To use this command you will need to open command prompt ” as administrator«, Then type the command “Sfc / Scannow” above as shown in the image given below.
This diagnostic usually takes time, so do it with the patient. During this to analyse, Windows will repair any missing or corrupt files that the system can find.
There may be an on-screen prompt to insert the installation CD. Do this to complete the process and get rid of all the junk and corrupt files from the system.
[10 Solutions] Repair “INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND”
Solution .4 – Manual registry repair
Most of the time, all of the above solutions will not work due to Windows registry corruption. The registry is the most important location of our Windows where all operating system services or settings are saved, and when a virus starts infecting a PC, it starts with the registry.
So, here are the steps you will need to follow to Manually repair your registry:
- To access your register, Press the key Windows + R on your keyboard to open the window Execute and then type the keyword ” Regedit »In the empty box and press Entrance.
- Enter the path suggested in your registry editor by unfolding the registry files. Here is the path you will need to follow: ” HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsot Windows NT CurrentVersion Windows“.
- After accessing the file Windows, your screen will look like the image below, and in this folder, if your loading registry looks normal, it means that the problem is not with that registry and you will need to move on to the next step.
- In case, if your registry ” charging Appears abnormal, then you will need to do a double click on this register which loads and remove the path written under the value data.
(8 Solutions) Fix Error 0xc00d36c4 Windows 10
Solution .5 – Repair the registry with professional software
There are so many different reasons that have happened on your computer that corrupt your registry and those are like, virus attack, installation of spam software etc.
For to fix this we need to fix our register and now as you know, the procedure of manual repair does not work for you and in this condition you will need to use a professional software that can to scan and to fix all these registers that need some repair.
The main purpose of use of registry cleaning software your computer is that you cannot repair all the registers by yourself because I think there are over a million registers that are saved in this registry editor and a registry cleaner can fix everything in just a few minutes.
If you don’t have registry cleaner on your computer, then I can only you recommend to use a first-class registry cleaner on your PC to get perfect performance.
In my experience, there are two highly rated software that you can use to make things normal in your computer system:
[8 Méthodes] Solve “Missing Operating System”
Solution 6. Use Task Manager
Sometimes when you receive the error message Windows Explorer has stopped working, the menu To start up disappears or freezes, preventing you from using your system. In this situation, the first thing to do is to close Explorer using the Task Manager.
This can be done in the following way.
- Once the error message is displayed, simultaneously press the keys Ctrl + Alt + Del.
- A login screen should appear, click Start the task manager.
- This will charge the task manager, from here, under the Applications section, click the Explorer, and then click Finish Task.
Remark : If a notification window appears, click Finish Now.
This should get your system to work again, you just need to be patient for Explorer to shut down as well.
[9 Solutions] Repair “Windows Shell Experience Host”
Solution 7. Uncheck the option “Show files icon on thumbnails”
If you encounter this error when trying to browse a particular folder, it may be thatone or more image files in this folder are corrupted.
One method that you can use as a troubleshooting solution is to turn off the ” display the files icon on the thumbnails ». To do this, just do the following.
Remark : This function is not available underXP.
- First, start on your computer with the administration rights.
- Then press Windows + R, type ” Control.exe Folders »and click on OK.
- This will charge File Explorer options , from here click on the tab Display, then uncheck the box next to display the files icon on the thumbnails, then click OK.
Once you’ve done that, go back to the original folder that caused “Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working” error and try to browse it. If the error does not appear, it means that one or more images in this folder are corrupted. You will need to locate corrupted images and delete them.
8 Solutions to Fix Code 45 (This Device…)
Solution 8. Check startup services
Any element of faulty start or service other than that of Microsoft can cause the explorer malfunction. If you have software for surveillance any (for example Everest) installed, check by deactivating it if the problem goes away.
- Otherwise, press and hold Windows and press R.
- Type msconfig and press Entrance.
- Go to the tab Services. Check the box Hide all Microsoft services.
- Then click on Disable all. Restart your system.
- After choosing Disable all, click on Apply / OK and restart your PC
- If the problem goes away, then one of the services caused the error. These services will be automatically activated when you start using the programs. It is therefore not necessary to reactivate them. .
Solution 9. System restore
If you have installed something like an update or one new pilot and that suddenly you have encountered explorer problem, it may be helpful to restore your system to a previous state. You can use the System Restauration to go back to an earlier time before the problem started to appear. Click on Start and type System Restauration