Every time the page frame number is corrupt, l‘PFN_LIST_CORRUPT blue screen appears. the PFN is used by your hard drive to determine the location of each of your files on the physical disk.
a BSOD occurs when your computer encounters a problem that he cannot process – the corruption of the NFP is one of those problems, but luckily it is very easy to fix.
Why is PFN_LIST_CORRUPT occurring?
The PFN (Page Frame Number) database contains lists that represent physical memory pages of your Windows system. It is used for determine the location of your files in your system.
When he is corrupt, your computer may do not treat it itself, then it occurs blue screen error.
Procedure to follow in case of PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error?
Here is a guide of 9 solutions to fix this problem.
Solution 1. Troubleshoot your PC / Laptop RAM issues
When you encounter this error, the first thing to do is to check your RAM to detect any anomaly.
RAM (Random Access Memory) is a essential part of your machine and if there is a problem, it may be the reason you get this BSOD.
- Press on Windows + R to launch the application Execute.
- Type ” mdsched.exe ” in the dialog box and press Entrance.
- A Windows memory diagnostic window will appear.
- You now have two options, that is Restart now and check for any issues, let vCheck for problems the next time you start the computer.
- After restart, you might see a window.
- Let the process unfold completely and do not cancel it at any stage.
- If you see that progress is blocked, Do not worry.
- The computer will restart of itself once the verification completed.
Solution 2: Uninstall additional antivirus or security programs
When you use two antivirus applications at the same time or a firewall installed on your PC, PFN_List_Corrupt error can occur, because they tend to try to access the same hard disk physical space, at the same time.
Using a third-party antivirus tool, at the same time as Defender, is known to cause this error. So think about disable or uninstall one.
Hope this will solve the problem.
Solution 3: Uninstall any recently installed app
In case the error starts to appear, immediately after you have installed an application or a new driver, it is possible that this new program either to the origin of the corruption of the PFN list.
For this you must uninstall the program, then evaluate your system.
As a first step, make sure that you have administration rights allowing you to make changes or from uninstall any application.
- Open the control panel then select Programs and Features.
- Select now recently installed app and click on » Uninstall “.
- Restart Windows and check if the problem is resolved.
Solution 4: Update Windows
The fact that your operating system that is always up to date is very important, because these updates are created specifically for this type of problem. Check Windows updates and his pilots.
The update can be very effective, she fixes many bugs. So you will have a good chance to get rid of PFN_LIST_CORRUPT.
- Press the keyboard keys Windows + I to open the settings,
- Click on Update and security then on Windows Update
- Click on the Check for updates button and then install all updates found.
Solution 5: Run an SFC scan
To correct PFN LIST CORRUPT error, you can initiate a system scan.
- Step 1 :
- Open CMD from the start menu.
- Click with right mouse button on command prompt, then select Open the command prompt as administrator (Admin).
- 2nd step :
- Enter this following command sfc / scannow and press the key Entrance –
- Step 3:
- Wait some time and when finished, restart your system.
What is Virtualapp / Didlogical? Is it secure?
Solution 6: Check for hard drive errors
- Step 1 : Restart your PC while pressing the “shift” key. This will activate advanced boot mode.
- 2nd step : Now go to Troubleshooting> Advanced options.
- Step 3: Go to command prompt and paste the following commands.
bootrec.exe / rebuildbcd
bootrec.exe / fixmbr
bootrec.exe / fixboot
- Restart your computer.
Instant Gaming Test and Review: Is it Reliable? 
Solution 7: Disable Microsoft OneDrive
- Step 1 :
- Press on Win + S and enter group policy. Select Edit Group Policy option.
- 2nd step :
- Now go to this location:
Local Computer Policy> Computer Configuration> Administrative Templates> Windows Components> OneDrive.
- Look for ” Prevent the use of OneDrive for file storage On the right side> then double click on it.
- Select Enabled> Apply> OK forTurn off OneDrive in Windows 10.
- Restart your system. Now, check if you are still facing PFN_LIST_CORRUPT memory management error or not.
If you are still facing the problem, you can use system restore Where reinstall Windows 10.
[Test] What is NVIDIA Web Helper? Malware?
Solution 8: Undo recent system changes on your Windows PC –
- Go to start menu
- Search or go to the ” System Restauration”
- Follow the steps and choose a catering point your system was normal
- Now click on Following to start system restore
- After having ended, close the window.
In reversing recent system changes, he rwill restore the configuration of your PC to quickly solve this problem of blue screen error code PFN_LIST_CORRUPT.
What is Unsecapp.exe? Should we deactivate it?
Solution 9: Perform Full Disk Cleanup on your Windows PC –
- Go to start menu
- Search or go to the section » Disc cleaning “.
- Or you can find it by typing ” Disc cleaning »In the search box
- Select and tick the options you want to clean
- Press on OK to start
- After having ended, close the tab
AVAST VPN Not Working Problem [7 Solutions]
Frequently asked questions PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
What is PFN_LIST_CORRUPT?
Actually, there is an error message that often occurs on blue computer screen.
This error indicates that the list of (Page Frame Number), which contains the index number allowing express the location of each file on the disk, is damaged on the computer.
Is the Blue Screen of Death fixable?
The blue screen of death means your computer is down and give a blue screen with detailed information about the error. When you see a BSOD, it indicates that a serious problem is detected and the computer should stop working.
ALT GR Not Working? 6 Effective Solutions
What causes the memory management blue screen?
A defective RAM memory, from faulty drivers, a faulty memory, disk errors, of new hardware issues, from corrupted system and operating system files, a software or hardware conflict, a virus attack, etc.
What happens when RAM fails?
If your RAM is not efficient enough, she poses many problems.
You can be victim of frequent computer crashes, of operating system crashes, of computer restarts or d‘blue screens of death.
In this case, you must use windows memory diagnostic to check if there are any problems on your PC.