When you update Windows 10 on PC from a previous version or even a previous edition, you may get this error 0xc1900101. Usually, it shows up when the update process is interrupted, and you are left behind with the old version of Windows.
7 Solutions to Fix Windows Update Error 0xc1900101
To correct the error here are 7 methods that you can try one of which should correct the problem:
What is YourPhone.exe? Should we delete it?
Method 1: reinstall Windows 10 update
Suppose the last time you activated antivirus, that could be the cause of your error. Sometimes these software do not allow you to install the update for lack of confidence, and this you will end up facing mistakes.
So to fix theWindows 10 update error 0xc1900101 follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the run box by tapping on Win + R.
- Then type services.msc and try to locate Windows Update.
- You must after stop updating by right clicking on Windows Update and then select Stop.
- Close the window Services and restart your PC.
- Go to Start ” Settings ” click on Update and security.
- Click on Check for updates.
- Wait for the update and installation to complete.
[6 Solutions] Repair “NET HELPMSG 2182” Windows 10
Method 2: Fix Windows update error 0xc1900101 with tools (DISM and SFC)
- Open thecommand prompt (CMD) with administrator rights.
- Type Dism.exe / Online / Cleanup-Image / Restorehealth this command will repair the whole file but it will take some time.
- After completing the above command, type sfc / scannow
- Once the scan is complete Restart your pc
- try update your system, hoping it will be of use to you.
[6 Solutions] “Your Windows license will expire soon” error
Method 3: Uninstall the antivirus
Sometimes, the error 0xc1900101 is caused by interference from antivirus software. Deactivate temporarily your anti-virus and check if the problem persists.
(See your antivirus documentation for instructions on how to deactivate.)
If this fixes the 0xc1900101 problem, contact your antivirus software vendor for advice, or remove it from your computer.
See also: Repair Windows Update Error Code 80244019 [6 Méthodes]
Method 4: Remove unnecessary devices
IMPORTANT : Make sure you don’t really need the device you are going to remove. If you can’t decide whether you want to keep it or not, you should move on to the next method.
- On your keyboard, press at the same time on the key Windows and on the to touch.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press Entrance.
- Double click on IDE ATA / ATAPI controllers.
- Right click on the SATA device you want to remove and click Uninstall the ringroad.
- Check the Remove driver box and click Uninstall.
- Restart your computer.
- Check if the error 0xc1900101 has disappeared.
[3 Solution] “Cannot Update Avast” Problem
Method 5: Do a clean Windows startup
Start your computer with a clean boot and update Windows immediately afterwards it can sometimes work as a solution to error 0xC190010 Windows.
What it can do is start your PC with the Windows programs that are needed. Here is the list of steps you can take to perform a clean boot on your computer:
Step 1 : Make sure you are logged in as administrator on your PC. Press the keys Windows + R to open the box execution. In the Run box, type msconfig and press the button Between.
2nd step : This will open the window System configuration. Here you go to the tab Services In the lower left part of the window you will find an option to hide all Microsoft services. Select this option, then click the button Deactivate all right. Click on the button To apply.
How To Remove Inetpub Easily From Windows 10
Step 3 : Go to the tab Start-up, where you will find an option Open the Task Manager Click on it.
In some operating systems, startup programs may also appear directly in the Tab file Start-up ; you wouldn’t need to go in the Task Manager. In this case, follow the instructions in the next step;
Step 4: Here you will find a list of programs. Click on the programs one by one, and press the button Deactivate for each of them.
In some versions you can also get a button Disable all to disable all startup programs at the same time. Here you can disable most of the programs that are not required for the normal Windows startup.
Step 5: Then close the window Task Manager and return to the Window system configuration. Click on OK to apply the changes, then restart your computer. This will clean up your PC startup this time.
[5 Solutions] You Must Have Authorization to …
After restarting your PC, try to update Windows operating system on your PC again. Chances are you won’t get error 0xC190010.
See also: How To Easily Fix Error 0xc000021a (8 Methods)
Method 6: Stop Automatic Updates in Windows 10
If you have tried all the previous methods but still have the same problem, then we suggest you turn off automatic updates.
By turning off automatic updates, you will not face these errors again because your system will not check for new updates and try to install them.
But suppose you want to install some Windows updates then there is always a chance to install the updates manually.
- For deactivate automatic updates, Press on Win + R then type services.msc.
- Double-click to launch the properties of Windows Update service
- Then select Start type : Deactivated and click on OK
- Restart your system once for these changes to occur.
Method 7: Update BIOS
If you have tried all of the above methods but the issue is still not resolved, it is time for you to consider updating your BIOS.
If you are not sure how to do this, go to your manufacturer’s website. BIOS. And look for specific instructions.
To avoid any unwanted problem on your computer, you should always go to the section for your PC to get the update of your BIOS. Please do not download the BIOS from any website.
Method 8: Disable Intel Virtualization Technology:
In some cases, Windows Update Error 0XC1900101 – 0x20017, appears if Intel Virtualization Technology is enabled on your system. Proceed to deactivate the Intel_VT technology in the Bios settings.
For that, proceed as following :
1. Enter the parameters of BIOS.
2. Disable Intel VT-d functions in advanced settings -> Chipset.
3. Save and exit the settings of the BIOS.
4. Try install the update.
Method 9: Uninstall a recently installed app
Sometimes the applications recently installed also block the operation of new software on your system. So it’s better to uninstall them and then try the next process.
Here is the procedure to follow :
Type Control Panel on the Windows search bar
Once application appears, select Programs then Uninstall a program in the category Programs and features.
From the list, select the recently installed application, and then click the Uninstall button.
After successful, click Uninstall again to confirm the process. After the task is completed, try to install Windows without any interruptions.