If you browse the Internet using Google chrome, you may encounter theDNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error. Like any other error, there are several ways to resolve it.
What is DNS and why this error occurs？
He is a short term for Domain Name System, which is responsible for matching the‘Internet Protocol (IP) address with a domain name.
Usually we use the domain name to visit a website (for example, google.com). But in fact, this is the address IP which allows us to visit the site successfully.
Each domain name has a valid IP address (for example, one of the IP addresses of google.com is 74,125,224.72).
We use the domain name instead of theIP adress because the domain name is easier for us to remember.
Google public servers
To do this, follow the steps below.
- Click on To start up and type cmd, right click on cmd and choose Execute as administrator.
- When‘command prompt black opens, type the following and press Enter.
ipconfig / flushdns
- Once done, hold down Windows and press again R.
- This time, type ncpa.cpl and click on OK. You will be directed to network connections.
- From there, the DNS will be update but you must identify your network adapter, the one that is defined as active.
- Identify your network adapter, which is connected and right-click on it, then select Properties.
- Then, in the properties, click once on ” Internet protocol version 4 (TCP / IPv4) »So that it appears in gray and select again Properties.
- Check usage dns server addresses following data and enter the following data for the Preferred server and Auxiliary server
Preferred SERVER: 220.127.116.11.8
Alternative SERVER 18.104.22.168.4
- Click on OK and close the rest of the windows.
See as well: [7 Solutions] Repair Windows Update Database Error
Restart the DNS client:
This process involves the reboot which can be done by following the following steps:
- Press the key Windows + R to open a window Execute. This dialog will open where you need to type services.msc.
- Then press the button OK.
- This will lead to a Window of Services, scroll down to find thee DNS Client.
- Right-click on the ” Customer ” , a drop-down menu will appear.
- Click the option Restart.
Reset the Winsock program
Winsock manages requests entrance and of exit for applications Internet under Windows. Therefore, resetting it can help get rid of theDNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error on Chrome:
- Open the Windows search box and enter cmd.
- Right-click on theCommand Prompt in the results and choose Execute as administrator.
- In L‘Command Prompt, enter the following command and click Enter:
netsh winsock reset
- Wait for Windows to complete the command and restart the computer.
Run commands in Command Prompt
- Click on To start up and go to the Windows search box.
- In the search bar, type cmd and right-click on the result. Select Execute as administrator.
- In L‘Command Prompt, type the following commands and press Entrance after entering each of them:
ipconfig / release
ipconfig / all
ipconfig / flushdns
ipconfig / renew
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
REMARK : You need to run these commands one by one.
Once these commands are executed, restart the computer and check if theDNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error still exists on Google chrome.
Temporarily disable the VPN
If you are using a VPN, you can meet the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN problem. In this case, you can temporarily disable the VPN and see if the problem is resolved.
When the VPN is disabled, the DNS will be used. If there is no problem with the Ethernet DNS, the problem will be solved.
Temporarily disable anti-virus software or firewall.
Some software anti-virus Where firewall can block it. If you are using a antivirus software or if the firewall is enabled, temporarily disable it and check if the problem is resolved.
IMPORTANT: Pay close attention to Web sites that you visit when the antivirus software where the firewall is disabled, because some virus can easily cause damage your computer without protection. After trying this method, it is recommended to enable VPN or firewall again.
See as well: [6 Méthodes] Fix Windows 10 “Audio Service Not Active” Error
Reset Chrome Flag settings
This is a quick and easy solution that can fix the problem very easily. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN of chrome. So just follow the easy steps added below:
- Copy the text from the URL below and paste it into the Google Chrome address bar: chrome: /// flags / s /
- Push the button Entrance and it will load a page with Google Chrome settings.
- In the page Settings, on the right, you will find the option Reset Default Settings. Just click on the button Reset settings.
- Browse the internet and most likely you might not come across the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN.
Check the Host file
Host files in your computer play a role vital in terms of internet browsing. It can be used for to prevent Where to block the website you are visiting. It can even be used to redirect a specific site to another site. So you can get an idea of why the solution says ” Check the Host file“.
It is possible that some software Where programs on your computer have access to this file and made changes to it. It is therefore strongly recommended to check the Host file and see if your website is there or not. If it is listed, you must to delete in order to to recover access to this website specific.
Just follow the steps to find and edit the Host file.
Step 1 : Press on Windows and search for any file editor in your computer.
(Notepad, Notepad ++, Sublime, Atom, etc.)
2nd step : Right-click on the editor and select Execute as administrator.
Step – 3: Give the requested permission, then press Ctrl + O to open a file from the computer. (Or click on File and To open)
Step – 4: In the window that opens, navigate to the following location. C: Windows System32 drivers etc
In the list of files, click on Host and press Entrance or click on To open.
Remark : You may not get the file lists if the file type is selected as Text Documents. So just click on it and go to All Files.
Step – 5: The Host file will be opened in the editor. Just search for the site you are trying to visit. If you find such a line, delete-the and save the file.
That’s it, try browsing the site and you will be able to visit the site since we have removed prevention.
Additional corrections by users
Most users have found the fixes listed above to work. They even tried something different and fixed the problem. Here is the list of these few solutions.
- Disable the VPN and antivirus. they can sometimes come into conflict and cause this error.
- Temporarily disable them to test if this fixes the error.
- Deactivate Where delete the extensions Where plugins of Navigator. If you are using a extension in Google Chrome or a plugin in Mozilla (any internet browser), try to deactivate. If you are able to fix the error then you should think about removing these culprits.
- Uninstall and reinstall the browsers Internet. In some cases, updating the browser to the latest version may correct the error. You should try if none of the other solutions seem to work for you.
Check the URL you entered
It may sound silly, but in many cases a Wrong url may be the cause ofDNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error.
For example, if you enter more than number of www before the domain name, you might encounter the problem.
For example, if you entered ww.bbc.com instead of www.bbc.com, you will encounter the error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN.
How to solve DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN in your device Android ?
Unfortunately, you may receive a similar one in your devices Android .
You can fix this error in your smartphones by following the following steps:
- Access your mobile settings and select Wireless
- press the current network you are using and hold it down.
- Tap on the icon Modify network
- Check the box ” Show advanced option To see the advanced options.
- Click the option Static (shown next to IP settings)
- in sections DNS1 and DNS2, type in the addresses DNS IP
- Once it’s done, click Save and connect to networks for activate settings.
- After performing the above method, you will not face this error message on your device Android during navigation.
- Make sure to restart your device after making the above corrections to allow the changes to take effect.
Let us know which of these solutions worked for you. You can let us know about any issues you are having with your computer, and we’ll try to come up with the full guides option for you.