Limited connectivity, no internet access or inability to connect to the local network. And the adapter troubleshooting shows as a result ” Default gateway is not available »(Not corrected)?
When this error occurred, you may have noticed that your device could not connect to outside network and internet. For most users, the problem started after the latest Windows 10 update Where of the Wifi driver.
Let’s understand a little what the default gateway on a computer network. Why she is not available and how to fix default gateway is not available under Windows 10 / 8.1 and 7.
[12 Solutions] Resolve Error 0xc0000142 Easily
What is “the default gateway is not available”?
She is the node of your system who transmits packets from your network to other outsiders. You can also tell it works like an access point or an IP router allowing a computer send information to a computer from another network or the internet.
Several reasons explain the‘unavailability of the “default gateway”. A incorrect configuration, a incompatible network adapter driver and one security software (antivirus, firewall) are the most common.
[8 Solutions] Resolve “DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG”
Method 1: Temporarily disable the antivirus
- Click with right mouse button on the icon antivirus program in the system tray and select Deactivate.
- Then select the period during which the antivirus will remain disabled.
Note : Choose the shortest possible time, for example 15 minutes or 30 minutes.
If the problem is resolved after have disabled the antivirus, uninstall it completely.
In many cases, the cause of this problem is the McAfee security program. If you have some McAfee security programs installed on your computer, it is suggested to uninstall them completely.
10 solutions for a keyboard is blocked Win 10
Method 2: Install a new Ethernet driver
Make sure youhave installed the latest Ethernet driver if you are having this problem on Windows 10.
To install it, just visit the website of your motherboard manufacturer and go find the latest ethernet driver for your device. After having it downloaded, install-the and gateway issues should be resolved.
[8 Solutions] Solve “Apex Won’t Launch” on PC
Method 3: Change the power saving mode of your wireless adapter
Some users claim that you can fix the error ” Default gateway is not available »On Windows 10 by modifying your power options. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Press the key Windows + S and type Power Options.
- Select Power Options in the menu.
- When you notice that the window Power Options opens, find your current mode and click on Change mode settings.
- Click on Change advanced power settings.
- Search wireless card settings.
- You should now set it to Maximum performance.
- Click on To apply and OK for Save Changes.
[12 Solutions] Resolve Error 0x80070015 Update / Store
Method 4: Change the frequency of your wireless router
5 GHz frequency is supported through new routers, but your current adapter might not operate with this frequency, so you will have to change it to 2.4 GHz.
It has been reported that after having changed the frequency from 5GHz to 2.4GHz, the gateway issues have been resolved. For full instructions on how to change your router’s wireless frequency, see its manual.
[4 Solutions] File is Too Large for System …
Method 5: Change the wireless mode to 802.11g
You can correct the problem by changing wireless mode from 802.11g / b to 802.11g. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open the window Network connection.
- To do this, press the key. Windows + X and choose Network connections in the menu.
- Locate your wireless adapter and click on it with the right mouse button.
- Choose Properties in the menu.
- Click on the button Configure.
- Go to the Advanced tab and there you will choose wireless mode.
- From the drop-down menu, select 802.11g.
- Save the changes.
- Then check if the problem is resolved.
[9 Solutions] Resolve Error 0xc1900101 Windows Update
Method 6: Use the netshell reset command
Many users reported that you can correct the error by resetting the TCP / IP.
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Start command prompt as administrator.
- You can do this by pressing the Windows + X .
- Then choose Command Prompt (Admin) in the menu.
- When command prompt starts, you must enter the command netsh int ip reset.
- Then press the Entrance.
- Once the process is complete, close command prompt and restart your PC.
Method 7: Uninstall McAfee to Resolve “Default Gateway is Not Available”
Antivirus programs can sometimes cause malfunctions in the configuration of your network.
Some users reported that McAfee antivirus can cause these kinds of problems. To resolve this problem, it is recommended to remove McAfee on your PC and check if that fixes the problem.
Occasionally, antivirus removal tool may not be able to effectively delete registry entries or leftover files, and this is why it is generally better to use a third-party uninstaller such as Revo Uninstall or GeekUninstaller.
Method 8: Change the power management settings of your network adapter
- Press the key Windows + R then type devmgmt.msc and press Entrance.
- Expand network adapters, then click with right mouse button on network adapter installed and select Properties.
- Go to the tab Energy management and be sure to uncheck ” Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power“.
- Click on OK and close the device manager.
- Now press the Windows + I to open the settings, then click System> Power and standby.
- At the bottom, click Additional power settings.
- Now click on ” Change mode settings ” next to the power mode you are using.
- At the bottom, click “Change advanced power settings”.
- Expand wireless card settings, then again power saving mode.
- Then you will see two modes, ” On battery ” and ” On Sector“. Change them both to ” Maximum Performance“.
- Click on To apply, then on OK.
- Restart your PC to save the changes.
Method 9: manually assign the IP address and default gateway
- First, press the ” Windows key “Accompanied by” X »And choose the command prompt.
- Type ” ipconfig »And press the Entrance.
- Make sure you note the default gateway, IP address and subnet mask which will be displayed on the Wireless.
- Then click with right mouse button on the icon wireless network and choose ” open the network and sharing center ” .
- Then select ” change card settings Which will be displayed in the left menu.
- Then click with the right mouse button on ” your WiFi adapter “And select” properties “.
- Choose “Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP / IPv4)” and click on ” properties“.
- Check the box ” use the following IP address »And type the default gateway, IP address and subnet mask that you noted earlier.
- Select ” To apply ” then ” OK“.
- Finally, restart your system.