Resolving Windows Update Error 0x80248007:
This problem is caused by the absence of some Windows update files or, in some cases, by the inability to locate the Microsoft software license terms by Windows Update.
Causes of error 0x80248007 – WU_E_DS_NODATA
Windows updates are downloaded from the Microsoft Official site. File corruption can occur anytime when updates are downloaded due to various reasons.
This may be because the previous update did not install correctly.
It can also be because there is a problem receiving the file, which may be due to problems with the system files. Either way, users can fix the problem by following these repair methods.
Method 1: Delete everything in the SoftwareDistribution folder
- Press the key Windows + R then type ” services.msc »And press Entrance.
- Find the service Windows Update then right click on it and select Stop.
- Navigate to the following folder: C: Windows SoftwareDistribution. Open the folder DataStore, and delete everything in it. If you get a UAC confirm.
- Return to the folder SoftwareDistribution, open the folder Download empty the folder and delete everything.
- Also Confirm if you get a UAC prompt and close the window.
- Start the service again Windows Update and check if you fixed the error or not.
Method 2: Restart the Windows Installer service
- Press the key Windows + X then select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type the following command on your cmd and press Entrance :
net start msiserver
Wait for the command to finish then restart your PC.
See as well: [5 Solutions] Resolve Error 0x80070057 Step by Step
Method 3: Make sure the Windows Update services are started.
- Press the key Windows + R then type services.msc and press Entrance.
- Find the following services and make sure they are working:
Windows Update service
BITS Background Intelligent Transfer Service
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator
COM event system
DCOM Server Process Launcher
- Double click on each one, then make sure the Startup Type is set to Automatique and click on To start up if the services are not already running.
- Click on To apply followed by OK.
- Restart your PC to save changes and try to run Windows Update again.
Method 4: Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Now type ” problem resolution In the Windows search bar and click on problem resolution.
- Then, in the left pane of the window, select Display all.
- Then, in the Troubleshoot computer problems list, select Windows Update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and let theWindows Update troubleshooter run.
- Restart your PC and you may be able to fix Windows Update error 0x80248007.
Method 5: Manual update from Microsoft website
There are situations where Windows Update just refuses to work even if you have tried the previous methods, in these situations you can still try to manually update your system using the Microsoft website.
This site always has the latest updates, and if you install them right away, you will have the latest features and bug fixes.
Method 6: Disable Your Antivirus Program
Your security program may prevent files from downloading.
If so, simply open your antivirus program by doing a right click above in the system tray, then disable it. Then launch again the update after this action.
Don’t forget to reactivate after having downloaded and installed updates Windows to get your computer back protected.
Method 7: Remove the drivers (error 0x80248007)
Your computer can use an external device like a external drive or one external DVD drive Where SD card.
These devices can also cause your computer to behave abnormally. In that case, unplug the device by unplugging or by going to the Device Manager and disabling them its driver.
See as well: [7 Méthodes] Resolve Error 0x8007001f Easily
Method 8: Use Windows DVD
When all of the previous methods have failed, you can use the installation disc or download the Windows Media Creation Tool to install the updates from the disc.
On Windows 7:
Installing updates from DVD Windows 7 is done in much the same way as a clean installation, with some differences:
- Instead of booting from the DVD, you can run the installer in Windows.
- Make sure you are connected to a administrator account.
- Make sure you have added the installer to your security center where you can deactivate your firewall and your anti-virus to make sure they won’t create any problems.
- Place your installation disc in your player DVD and run it autoplay.
If it did not run automatically, you can right-click the DVD drive and click Perform autoplay.
- You will see the window Autoplay, just click Execute configuration.
- Once the installer will be ended, Click on the button To install now.
- The next screen should give you the possibility to go online to get the latest updates for installation.
- Before clicking on it, make sure that the button at the bottom of this window is not checked.
- This will launch thefinder and install utility, wait until it is finished.
- The next screen will show you the terms of License, click on the button to accept, then click following.
- Then you will see two options, to make a custom installation Where an upgrade.
- Click on the button Upgrade and let the computer install the upgrade.
- Just let the process complete, and provide all information who could be you requested.
On Windows 10
Windows 10 users have rarely experienced issues with download updates using the normal procedure, but in case you are one of the rare cases where this happens, you can download Windows 10 media creation tool from the site Microsoft.
- Make sure you have a USB key blank where you will install your Windows 10 media creation tool.
- Download the installation file from:
- He will guide you through the whole process.
- Once this is complete, open theWindows explorer and click on the flash drive in the list of drives.
- Double click on the file Setup.exe to launch the installation file.
- Select language, time format and currency and the input method, then click Following.
- Click on the button Install now. This will lead to the window next which will make it possible to perform an upgrade Where a personalized installation.
- Click on Upgrade for install upgrades.
- Follow the prompts and let installation end.