Update error 0x80070424 is the latest bug for users of Windows 10. Lately, Microsoft deployed several updates accumulated in its catalog. There’s a lot improvements and corrections made.
However, some users could not update their system even after having downloaded the full fix. It displays an error 0x80070424 at the time of updating the computer.
What is the cause of error 0x80070424?
Windows Update Services:
The Update requires the execution of certain services so that the update can be uploaded and installed safely.
Therefore, if the services required do not work, the error will be displayed.
System files required:
This error also appears if some system files required for the update are not saved in the system.
Reviews on EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro & Free
Step 1. Check your computer for viruses.
Numerous virus Where malware can cause problems with Windows Update.
So before moving on to the steps of repair below use this guide analysis and of malware removal for to verify and to delete the virus and / or the malware that can run on your computer.
Use your favorite antivirus, but we advise you to use 360 Total Security Free and very effective, the Pro version is just 17 euros. Read our guide
[4 Solutions] Avast interface does not open on startup
Step 2. Check if the Windows Update service is running.
Open the service management panel :
To do this :
- Press the keys Windows + R to open the execution control box.
- In the search box, type: services.msc and click on OK.
- (Accept UAC warning if it appears).
In the right panel, make sure the ” Status »Of the following services is in running.
- Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)
- DCOM Server Process Launcher
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- Windows Defender
- Windows Update
If one services above is not running, so
- Click with right mouse button on the service and choose Properties.
- In the tab General, define the type of start on Automatique
- In connection tab, be sure that the local system account is verified.
- Click on OK to apply the changes.
- Restart your computer.
- After the reboot, check that the services mentioned above are operational.
- Proceed and verify updates. If you still receive error 0x80070424 on Update, Go to the next stage.
[9 Solutions] Your Touchpad No Longer Works?
Step 3. Launch Update Troubleshooter.
- Download then run the Update troubleshooter for Win 10.
- Click on Following in the first screen.
- Click on Try to troubleshoot as an administrator.
- Click again on Following, then leave the ” Convenience store »Detect problems with Update.
- When prompted, click To apply this correction.
- When the repair is complete, proceed to checking and installing updates.
[7 Solutions] the application failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect
Step 4: SFC scan for common system file issues to fix the update error:
The process of scanning system files is very easy to try while fixing the issues related to Windows.
Just follow the next steps.
Open command prompt as administrator.
To do this, type CMD in the menu windows search and right click on the app CMD to go through the option Execute as administrator.
In the windowcommand prompt, type SFC / SCANNOW and press the key Entrance,
The scanning process takes a while to return the results.
[5 Solutions] Error 224003 Video cannot be played
Step 5: Cleaning the FSD:
In this method, we clean and recreate the software distribution folder by deleting all temporary files it contains.
Go to drive C: /, then open the folder named Windows that is there.
Open the folder of SoftwareDistribution (Homeless)
Open the folder DataStore, then delete all files and folders it contains.
Return to the folder again SoftwareDistribution, open the folder Download and delete all the files it contains.
When deleting, it may be that administrator authorization you are asked.
If you are logged in asadmin user, just click OK to continue.
[6 Solutions] Manage and Disable “WSAPPX” Disk 100%
Step 6 : Saving system files
Updates use some system files to can Download and to install the update package safely.
Therefore, if system files are not registered on the system, the error will tend to appear. System files are generally at .dll format.
Here’s how to save the files:
- Press the key Win + R to open the window Execute.
- Enter the following data one by one:
regsvr32 Qmgr.dll / s
regsvr32 Qmgrprxy.dll / s
[6 Solutions] No Audio Output Device is Installed
Step 7: Check the WU setting in the registry
Type regedit in the field of Windows search and press Entrance to open registry editor. Locate the registry key:
Computer HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Policies Microsoft Windows WindowsUpdate
Select and double-click on the DWORD appointed DisableWindowsUpdateAccess for set its data value to be 0.
Restart your computer and check if the error 0x80070424 is fixed.
Step 8: fix Win 10
Finally, if none of the above solutions works for you, you are left with only one option. You should repair your Win 10 installation.
When you fix it, it will automatically update your system with the last version and will repair system files.