Your system Windows 10 he launches the error “the application could not start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect” trying to run an app?
If your answer is YES, then you are not the only one, because this irritating error affects many users of Windows 10 and prevent them to run a particular application. Sometimes, users may also face this error when trying to to throw, ofto install or from uninstall a program.
There are many causes behind this error message, but one of the most common reasons that trigger this issue is the conflict between the C ++ runtime libraries and the application. This conflict can prevent the application to run because it is unable to load the required C ++ files.
You can easily get rid of this fault , just use the methods below and it will help you solve the problem.
[5 Solutions] Error 224003 Video cannot be played
Solution 1: Make sure the Visual C ++ runtime library is correct
- To do this, you must first open command prompt with administrator privilege. To do this, press the key. Windows + X then choose command prompt (Admin).
- After opening the command window, you need to run the command below. Type them carefully in the control box and press the key Entrance for throwing the tracking mode: SxsTrace Trace -logfile: SxsTrace.etl
- Hold the line the command window, just try to run the application that displays the error side-by-side configuration and click on OK to close the error pop-up window.
- Navigate again in the control console and press the key Entrance, which will stop the tracking mode.
- After that you have to convert tracking file emptied into a user-readable form, using the command below you can easily analyze this file using the sxstrace tool. Run the given command: sxstrace Parse -logfile: SxSTrace.etl -outfile: SxSTrace.txt
- This will convert the file and will save it in the C: Windows system32 directory.
- Open again the execution dialog box by pressing the keys Windows + R, and type the following in the run dialog box and press Entrance : % windir% system32 SxSTrace.txt
- This will open the SxSTrace.txt file, and here you can see all the information about the error.
- Find what C ++ runtime library is missing or required.
- Install this particular version using the site given below. ” Installing Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable”
- Installing the required Visual C ++ Redistributable package will correct failure to start the application because side-by-side configuration is incorrect.
- Now select update according to your system (32-bit or 64-bit) and proceed with the installation.
[6 Solutions] Manage and Disable “WSAPPX” Disk 100%
Solution 2: Repair / reinstall an existing program
If you are faced with “The application could not start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect” in your already installed program, you can follow this method.
If you repair your installer which displays the error, the application may not have been able to to start up because its side-by-side configuration presents an incorrect error.
You can repair the programs by following these steps:
- Just go to the Control panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
- Now right click on the problematic program and choose Repair / Modify.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to to fix
- Yes repair option is not available, try to reinstall it.
I hope after doing this you will no longer be faced with the “side-by-side is incorrect” message.
[6 Solutions] No Audio Output Device is Installed
Solution 3: Try a different installer
If you see this error when you try to install, it is possible that‘installation Where the installation package is corrupted. In this case, you must download a correct installer to configure it.
You can download its latest version from the official website (For example you want to download Glary Utilities, go to www.glarysoft.com.). Then try to install it on your computer. If the error is from the original installer, you won’t see the error now.
How To Solve APPCRASH Problem? [6 Solutions ]
Solution 4: Try to open it with Admin privilege
Many users have corrected this problem by running with administrator privileges.
Just click with right mouse button and choose ” Execute as administrator“.
[10 Solutions] Solve “DNS Server Not Responding”
Solution 5: Scan the system
- Look for the cmd in the search box.
- Click with right mouse button on the search result and choose ” Execute as administrator“.
- Type sfc / scannow in the box of your command prompt and press Entrance.
- Now run the DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-image / Restorehealth in command prompt and wait a while for it to finish.
[9 Solutions] Fix “Server Execution Failed”
Solution 6: Use the event viewer
- Search event viewer in Windows 10 search bar
- Click on the search result to open it.
- Try to open application once again, so that Windows throw a error event at the moment.
- Click on enlarge to enlarge the window.
- Expand Fault clicking on the + button.
- Double click on side-by-side error entry. Since you opened the app recently, as shown in step 3, it should be the last side-by-side mistake.
- In the tab General, the error description is displayed, indicating that version … could not be found. Note the version number.
- Go to the official Microsoft site for visual c ++ redistributable
- Download the version which was missing in the description.
For example if the missing version is 9, so, if this is your case, download version 9, otherwise download the version which is indicated as missing.
Solution 7: Use Registry Editor
- Simultaneously press Windows + R keys to open the execution control box.
- Type regedit in the box and click OK.
- In registry editor, just navigate to the location shown below.
> Windows NT
- Now locate the entry starting with x86_policy and containing crt.
Something like this I found in my PC in the registry editor.
- Expand it.
- Click on 9.0 and expand it.
- Now in the right part, apart the default, there will be four entrances. Find which is the greatest number having the highest value (Ignore decimals).
- This highest value must correspond to default data.
- If not, just copy highest value . double click on the default key to modify it . VSchange the data value through the highest copied value.
Good luck !!