The blue screen (BSOD) is an error which stopped PC operations, displays the cause and force your computer to restart after having collected diagnostic information. The message ” KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED ”Usually appears when you have pilot problems.
This means that a external or internal hardware component connected to your computer causes a driver conflict and forces your PC to shut down. plant. In some cases, the error screen contains the name of the pilot which caused your computer to freeze. In other cases, you must diagnose manually and find the driver that is causing the problem for the disable / update.
[10 Solutions] Fix “Unable to Read Test Tone”
Reasons why “Kmode Exception Not Handled” is displayed?
It is difficult to identify the exact reason for KMODE Exception not Handled. In most cases, it is caused by a faulty driver or one incompatible hardware. Here is the list of its reasons:
- An incompatible driver.
- Hardware problem.
- Errors in system files.
Solution 1: Repair system files
For repair system files, start Windows in safe mode. Then in the menu To start up, open theCommand prompt as administrator. type exactly this: sfc / scannow , Press on Entrance to start the system file checker. If an error is detected, it will be repaired.
Solution 2: Diagnose the faulty driver
If the first solution did not work for you, you should manually check each driver present on your computer and see what is causing the BSOD.
The reason for the problem differs from computer to computer; that’s why we offer you a solution generic in which you must diagnose manually which is causing the problem.
The message can occur in two ways: either the problem is in the services of some components , or it can be directly linked to the device driver. We will cover the two possible solutions, starting with the drivers.
- Press on Windows + R, type ” devmgmt.msc In the dialog box and press Entrance to launch the device Manager.
- In the device Manager, right-click on the peripheral and select Update the driver. You must follow this step for each device registered on your computer.
There are two ways to update the drivers of peripherals. Either you can update automatically the pilot using the first option, if that doesn’t work, you can update manually.
If updating the drivers does not work, you can try to deactivate services one by one and see which service is causing the problem.
- First, start your device in safe mode with networking.
- After startup, follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Press Windows + R, type ” msconfig In the dialog box and press Entrance.
2. In the menu, check the option Hide all Microsoft services . Disable each service one by one and continue to use your computer by normal mode. If the BSOD occurs again, it means that the service you disabled was not the source of the problem and you need to uncheck another service.
Remark : try deactivate services which are connected to certain hardware of your computer.
This way you will be able to diagnose faster and more efficiently.
See Also: 9 Ways To Fix “Err Internet Disconnected” Easily
Solution three: Check for hardware compatibility
If you come from update your Windows 10 operating system, and you see ” Kmode Exception Not Handled your hardware may not be compatible.
Solution 4: Disable the Quick Start function
It is the simplest and most effective method to correct ” KMODE Exception Not Handling “
Follow these steps to turn off fast startup on your PC:
Step 1 : First, go to the Control panel. Then locate and click System and Security, then on Power Options.
2nd step : Select Choose the action of the power buttons.
Step 3: Then click on Modify parameters currently not available.
Step 4: Finally, uncheck the box next to ‘Enable fast start’ and save the changes.
It could have solved your problem. You can continue to use your PC without BSOD. If the blue screen still appears on your screen, try the method mentioned below.
[4 Méthodes] To Repair “Page Fault in Nonpaged Area”
Solution 5: Fix “KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED” using Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
This method will identify and repair “KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED” if the problem is presented in your memory.
Follow these steps to run the memory test:
Step 1 : First, go to the Control Panel from the menu To start up.
2nd step : Locate and click Administration tools.
Then find the option Windows memory diagnostics in the list.
REMARK : Before continuing, make sure you have saved all your current data.
Step 3: Click on To restart and check if there are any problems. The PC then restarts and diagnose errors on memory.
Step 4: Patiently wait for the process to complete. That must have solved your problem. If an irreparable error has occurred, it will offer to replace the RAM.
[10 Solutions] Repair “KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR”
Solution 6: Run Memtest86 +
Launch the Memtest86 + which is a third party software but it eliminates all possible exceptions of memory errors because it works outside the Windows environment.
Remark : Before you start, make sure you have access to another computer as you will need to Download and engrave the software on disk or USB. It is best to leave the computer overnight when running Memtest because it may take some time.
- Connect a key Usb to your computer.
- Download and install Windows Memtest86 Auto-installer for USB stick.
- Right click on the file you just downloaded Download and select the option ” Extract here“.
- Open the folder and run the Memtest86 +.
- Plug in your USB key to burn the software MemTest86 (This will form your USB stick).
- After the above process is completed, insert the USB into the PC which gives “KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED”
- Restart your PC and make sure that booting from USB stick is selected.
- Memtest86 will start to test for memory corruption in your system.
- If all the tests are successful, you can be sure that your memory is functioning properly.
- If some steps have failed, Memtest86 will find memory corruption, which means your blue screen KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED is due to corrupted memory.
- In order to correct the problem, you will need to change your RAM .
See as well : [8 Solutions] Repair “BAD POOL HEADER” Windows 10/7
Solution 7: Update the BIOS (Basic Input / Output System)
Perform a BIOS update is an essential task because if a problem arises, it can seriously cause damage your system, which is why expert supervision is recommended.
- The first step is to identify your version of the BIOS, to do this press the key Windows + R then type ” msinfo32 »(Without quotes) and Press Entrance to open the window System information.
- Once the window System information opens, locate the BIOS version / date, then write down the manufacturer name and BIOS version.
- Then go to the website from your manufacturer for example in my case it is Dell so i will go to the site Dell Web and then i will come in serial number from my computer or click the option to automatic detection.
- from the list pilots displayed, I click on BIOS and I download the recommended update.
Remark : Do not turn off not your computer and you disconnect not from your power source for BIOS update, as this can damage your computer. While the update, your computer will restart and you will see a black screen.
- Once the file will be downloaded, just double-click on the file Exe to execute.
- finally you have updated your BIOS and this can also solve the error.
Remove IDP.ALEXA.51 Virus: 5 Effective Methods
Correction of the error “Kmode Exception Not Handled”: Final Summary
Here is a brief summary to remind you of the previous solutions
- Disable fast startup
- Update the faulty driver to the latest version
- Disable / Remove faulty driver or software
- Repair corrupted system files
- Material incompatibility
- Update BIOS to the latest version
- Run a RAM / Memory Test