Hello, Nowadays, many users are facing this NET HELPMSG error 2182. NET HELPMSG error 2182 usually occurs when user tries to update Windows 10 or install new MS Store apps.
This mistake NET HELPMSG 2182 generally refers to Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) which helps to download updates from official Microsoft servers. So if your PC has Net Help error 2182, you can’t get applications or updates.
[6 Solutions] “Your Windows license will expire soon” error
What is the cause of the “NET HELPMSG 2182” error?
After receiving many multiple user reports, we decided to make udo research on the problem and we have come up with a set of viable solutions to rectify it completely.
We also looked at the reasons why this error is triggered and they are mentioned below.
1 – Defective services :
A few services are responsible for downloading, managing and installing new updates. However, it happens that these services be faulty or interrupted, which leads to stopping the entire operation and triggering the error.
2 – Corrupted files:
In some cases, important system files can be corrupt, which can disrupt the update installation process. The error is triggered if Windows is unable to process the task of the corresponding update services.
3 – Incorrect updates:
Occasionally, Microsoft maybe enough inefficient in its updates, there is a brief history of incorrect updates who instead to improve things, cause a lot of problems on user’s computers.
However, if so, they are quick to release a new update to fix all the issues from the previous one.
Now once you have an idea of the nature of the problem, we will move towards solutions. Be sure to follow all the steps carefully and precisely so to avoid any conflict.
Before trying any of the solutions below, be sure to temporarily disable all antivirus software on the computer, including Windows Defender.
[3 Solution] “Cannot Update Avast” Problem
Finally, it’s time to correct this error. We have prepared here some most effective methods to help you solve this problem. So you just have to do scroll down the page and apply one of the methods below:
Method 1: Launch Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Step 1 : First of all, try run the Update troubleshooter, which can solve many update issues. Click on the button Windows + S on your keyboard.
- 2nd step : Type ” Problem resolution In the search box.
- Step 3: Then click on ” Troubleshooting settings To open it, as shown in the image below:
- Step 4: Choose Windows Update and click on Run the troubleshooter.
- Step 5: Users can then view troubleshooting Win Update to find any corrections
How To Remove Inetpub Easily From Windows 10
Method 2: Troubleshoot background Intelligent Transfer Service issues
Troubleshooting background Intelligent Transfer Service issues will help you solve the problems related to BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service), what you need to do to correct NET HELPMSG error 2182.
Follow the steps below:
- Step 1: First, simultaneously press Windows and R keys on your keyboard.
- 2nd step: Now type ” Control Panel In the box, and click on OK to open the Control Panel.
- Step 3: Then click on ” Problem resolution »To open the wizard
- Step 4: Now select ” Show all »In the left part of the wizard to open the list of convenience stores.
- Step 5: Once you have obtained the list of convenience stores, you just have to select Intelligent transfer service in the background.
- Step 6: Now click on Advanced, then select the option To apply repairs automatically and click Following.
[5 Solutions] You Must Have Authorization to …
Method 3: Perform an SFC scan
If some system files have been damaged, the error can be triggered. That is why, at this stage, we will start an SFC scan who will check if system files are damaged / corrupted.
For that :
- Press buttons “Windows” + “R” to open the run prompt.
- Type ” cmd »And press “Shift” + “Ctrl” + “Enter” to get administrative privileges.
- Type the following command and press ” Entrance“.
sfc / scannow
- Wait for this analysis is complete and check if the problem persists.
[10 Solutions] Solve “IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL” Win 10
Method 4: Check for new updates
It’s possible that Microsoft released a new patch to fix the issues from the computer. It is therefore recommended of check if there is an update from microsoft.
For this it is rRecommended to check if an update from Microsoft is available:
- Press on “Windows” + “I” to open the settings.
- Click the option »Updates & Security« and select the button ” Check for updates ” .
- Wait that the verification process be finished and the update will be automatically downloaded and installed on the computer.
- Check if the problem persists.
[7 Solutions] Solve “Driver Power State Failure” Win 10
Method 5: Reset Microsoft Store Cache
This method is useful for users who want to correct this NET HELPMSG error 2182 displayed on MS Store apps. If you are one of them, disconnect Microsoft Store before clear your cache and follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Click on the button Windows on your keyboard and type “The command prompt” or cmd.
- 2nd step : Do now right click on command prompt and select the option Execute as administrator.
- Step 3: Then type ” wsreset.exe ” in the window prompt and press Entrance.
- Step 4:Once the process is complete and MS store cache is empty, restart your PC.
[3 Solutions] System Error 5 Occurred Windows 10
Method 6: Restart the Windows components on your computer
No Restart is not done by your system’s start or power button. We do Reference to restarting your system through the command prompt.
- Simultaneously press Windows and R keys on your keyboard to launch the window » Run the program ” on the screen.
- In the space provided next to open, type cmd and then, instead of clicking OK, simultaneously pressThe shift, control and Enter keys.
- For run the program as administrator
- In the command prompt, type the following commands:
net stop wuauserv – Press Enter
net stop cryptSvc – Press Enter
net stop bits – Press Enter
net stop msiserver – Press Enter
- After that type again the following series of commands, then press the Entrance after each line
ren C: Windows SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C: Windows System32 Catroot2 Catroot2.old
- Then type the last command line by continuing to press the ” Entrance »After each command line:
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
Now check if the problem is resolved or if you continue to receive the error message.
Hope this article was informative enough to help you fix NET HELPMSG error 2182.
The above methods are the most effective to fix this error, which has helped most of the users to resolve this issue.
If your problem is not always resolved, it is because you applied some method incorrectly during the remediation process.
If you have any other questions or suggestions, feel free to comment on them below.