‘Api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missingThis is a problem that has plagued users for a long time, but luckily it’s not too difficult to fix. There are a couple of different ways to do it, and we’ll show you how to do them in this guide.
What does this error mean?
Missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll occurs when this specific file cannot be accessed by Windows. This could happen for several reasons, most likely because the file has been corrupted and needs to be recovered or reinstalled.
If you have not installed the necessary software, some files and programs will not open and give the following message:
It is normal to find “Api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing When you do a fresh installation of Windows. It can also happen when you install certain Adobe software and try to open it.
Fortunately, it is very easy 🙂
WHAT IS API-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll?
Api-ms-win-crt-crt-runtime-l1-1-1-0.dll is part of Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable for Visual Studio. If you have never installed the Microsoft package then any software that requires that particular library dll will not open and it will give you this error.
There is also the possibility that you have the package but it has been corrupted in some way.
Since this particular dll is distributed by Microsoft, fixing this error is very easy.
NOTE: Please note that you should not download DLL files from suspicious websites as they can damage your computer! Even legitimate websites disguise viruses as DLL files, so you should always be on the lookout.
Here are three ways to fix it (If you already have Visual C ++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, please do fix number 1 🙂
METHOD 1: CORRECTION OF THE ERROR VIA Win UPDATE
One of the updates includes Visual C ++ Redistributable. If you don’t have it install it via Win Update.
- Open menu To start up and type ” Windows Update “.
- Click on ” Check for updates “.
- Once again, click on ” Check for updates“.
The system will automatically check for updates. If you are on Windows 10, the updates will be installed immediately. If you are under win 7, you will have to click on ” Install updates“.
Restart your computer if prompted.
Open the program that displayed the error to see if it persists.
See as well:How to Easily Fix 0xc000021a (8 Methods)
METHOD 2: DOWNLOAD VISUAL C ++ REDISTRIBUTABLE FOR VISUAL STUDIO 2015 DIRECTLY FROM MICROSOFT
If the problem persists, or if you don’t want to update your Windows, there is another way to fix it ” api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing “
Since it is part of Visual C ++ Redistributable, you can Download and install it directly from the site Microsoft Web
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the page of download
- Click on ” To download “.
- Choose your system type (x64 for 64 bits or x86 for 32 bits)
- Run the file.exe that you downloaded and follow the installer instructions.
- Once the installation is complete, open the program which displayed the error to see if the problem persists.
METHOD 3: REPAIR OF VISUAL C ++ REDISTRIBUTABLE FOR VISUAL STUDIO 2015
It’s possible that Visual C ++ Redistributable is already installed on your computer. If so and you have this error then you may need to to fix.
For to fix Visual C ++ Redistributable:
- Open the Control panel by opening the menu To start up and typing ” control panel“.
- Click on ” Programs and Features “.
- Click on ” Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 Redistributable “And then on” Change “.
- Click on To fix
- Follow the instructions of the repair wizard to complete the repair.
- After completing the repair, you should no longer have the error.
See also: Repairing Code 8024A000: 7 Effective Methods (2019)
METHOD 4: Copy the file from your friends’ PC
If unfortunately all the previous methods fail, you can copy the file from a PC which is using the same system as you.
Part 1 : Check your system type and find a computer that uses the same system as you.
- here’s how to verify the Windows type of a computer:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows to display the bar of research.
- Enter ” system information“, Then select System Information from the result.
- You can then see the system type from your computer.
Part 2 : Copy the file api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll from the other computer and then paste it on your computer.
- Here is how to find the dll file:
- On the keyboard, simultaneously press the keys Windows and E to bring up the file explorer.
- Go to C: Windows System32, then type api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll and press Entrance. If it does not display any results, go to C: Windows SysWOW64 and seek api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll again.
- Copy the file api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll if it is found and paste it in the same location where you copied the file.
METHOD 5: Start a System File Check
Windows 10 has a program preinstalled which can check for errors in other applications running on the system. He can easily find and repair the file api-ms-win-crt-runtime- | 1-1-1-0.dll missing. To run a file check, follow these steps:
Step 1 : Come in ” cmd »In the search bar and press Enter.
2nd step : Click with the button right mouse over the option ” Command Prompt “And choose” Execute as administrator From the drop-down menu that appears.
Step 3: Once the Command Prompt window opens, type ” sfc / scannow After the prompt (without the quotes) and press Entrance. Wait for the process to complete. It can take some time.
Step 4: After scanning is complete, you need to restart your computer. As before, click on the icon power supply in the Start menu and choose ” To restart“.
If you still cannot load or install the app, continue to the next method to resolve this issue.
Reregister the missing DLL file
In some cases, the file api-ms-win-crt-runtime- | 1-1-1-0.dll is on your computer and is working properly. However, the DLL file may need to be re-registered to function properly. You re-register it by following these steps:
Step 1 : As the last step, go on CMD (as administrator).
2nd step : After the command prompt, type ” regsvr32 api-ms-win-crt-crt-runtime- | 1-1-0.dll Without quotes in the window, and press Enter.
Step 3: You should see a message from confirmation indicating that the operation has success. Close the command prompt and try to access the program again to see if that fixed the problem.
You can try the solutions mentioned above to fix this problem and see which one of them helps you.