Have you noticed a Windows service named WSAPPX which uses most of the resources of your processor in the task manager (Disk 100%)?
You are not the only one. Many people ask what is this high disk usage error (100%). In this article, we will tell you how to fix this problem.
Why is it consuming most of your CPU resources?
In fgeneral, WSAPPX uses significant amounts of CPU resources when updating, of installation or the uninstallation Store applications.
This means that if you notice that This service consume a high percentage of your CPU resources, this may be due to the fact that a application installs or updates in the background.
To see this action, go to Windows Store and click on the user icon in the upper right corner. You can turn off automatic application updates in the next window of Settings.
You may have noticed that it it is not possible to deactivate this service in the Win 10 services.
If you try to deactivate, you will receive a message indicating that this action will affect other applications.
You may also see a similar message if you try to end this service in the task Manager.
But it exists ways to disable this service. If you don’t use often applications or if you just want resolve high CPU usage error, you can do some operations.
We offer you simple solutions which will help you to solve this problem and get your PC to work without problem again.
You can start with the first solution and keep trying until you find a working solution.
Method 1: Update your device drivers
Although this high CPU usage error do not be directly related to pilots, it may be that Outdated device drivers cause incompatibility issues.
You may experience this problem when your system is trying to update a faulty driver. So the service no longer reacts during the update process and it consumes much more resource of your CPU.
Follow these simple steps to update your device drivers:
- Type ” Device Manager “In the search box of the taskbar and choose” Device Manager »Among the options
- Choose a category to see the names of different devices
- Click with lright mouse button or long press the device you want update
- Click on Automatically check for updated driver software
- Click on Update the driver
If you can’t find a new driver, try find it on the device manufacturer’s website.
You can download the drivers from the links below :
Install the correct driver and restart your computer. This solution should fix the error if the problem is with the drivers. If the problem persists, try the next method.
Method 2: Increase virtual memory
You may need to increase virtual memory to resolve this problem.
- Type performance in the search bar.
- Select option Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows
- Click on the Advanced tab and click on To modify.
- Uncheck the box Automatic management of the paging file for readers
- Choose the drive on which the operating system is installed and click on Custom size
- Type the equivalent of the size of your RAM (in MB) in Initial size and double the initial size in Maximum size
- Now click on To define, then on OK and restart your PC so that the
[4 Solutions] My Mouse Doesn’t Work – Windows
Method 3: Disable the Windows Store
There are two ways to deactivate the Store. The first method is to use the local group policy editor, and the second to use the registry editor.
Read on to learn the steps for both methods.
Using the Local Group Policy Editor
- Type gpedit.msc in the search bar and press Entrance.
- Or you can click Windows key + R and then type gpedit.msc
- This action should take you to local group policy editor
- Open now Computer setup and choose Administrative models
- Then open Windows components and choose Windows Store
- Locate the parameter ” Disable the Windows Store app “In the right panel and click on” Edit policy settings”
- Choose Activate and click » To apply “
Using the Registry Editor
Unfortunately, some Windows versions do not have the local group policy editor. Do not worry. We’ll show you another way to do this. But first, back up all your data.
- Type regedit in the Windows search bar and press Entrance to open Registry Editor
- Go to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE policeman Microsoft WindowsStore
- Here you must create a new DWORD value in the key Windows Store.
- Change its name to ” RemoveWindowsStore »And assign it the value 1. If you can’t find the WindowsStore key, you should create it.
Restart your computer
By deactivating the store, you are effectively eliminating the possibility install or update third-party Store apps. When you try to open this application after this fix, you will see this message on your screen:
“The Store is not available on this PC. For more information, contact your system administrator “.
REMARK : You need this function to update applications as Calculator, Mail, OneNote, and Photos.
Therefore, if you need frequent automatic updates on these applications, we will recommend not to deactivate this function.
[Résolu] Swsetup.exe folder? Should we delete it?
Method 4: Disable Superfetch and Windows search services
Another solution is to deactivate the Superfletch and Search services. This solution works for most users, so it would be best to give it a try.
Follow the next steps:
- Press the key Windows + R to open the dialog Execute
- Type services.msc in the dialog box and press Entrance
- Find Superfetch and click on it
- Click on the drop-down menu next to ” Start type “And select” Disabled “
- Click on apply and then on OK
- Go back now and locate Windows Search in the list of services and double-click on it
- Again, click on the drop-down menu next to Start type and select Deactivated
- If the service status is running, click on Stop.
- Click on To apply and then on OK
That’s all ! Now check if the error is resolved.
[9 Solutions] Fix “Server Execution Failed”
Method 5: Perform a system scan
If you have tried all of the above solutions but the problem still persists, you may need to perform a system scan.
Use your preferred antivirus program for perform a full system scan. Some antivirus programs have a function malware analysis.
After analysis, you can check if your computer contains malware or virus. If you find any, delete them.
Restart your computer so that the changes take effect. Check if the problem persists.
[10 Solutions] Solve “DNS Server Not Responding”
Method 6: Perform a Clean Start
If none of these solutions help you, you may need to perform a clean start. In this way, the operating system will run only a few important startup programs and a few drivers.
Thus, you will be able to isolate the problem manually if the culprit is a startup program.
See how here: https://justuto.com/bad-pool-header/#8_8211_Eff Perform_un_demarrage_propre
How To Solve APPCRASH Problem? [6 Solutions ]
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I turn off WSAPPX?
Yes you can disable this service in the task manager. You just have to select and complete the task to kill him. Nevertheless, disabling the Windows service is just one temporary solution because it does not affect start-up types.
Is WSAPPX necessary?
This service works on Win 10/8 systems. It is part of the Store and of Microsoft’s Universal Applications Platform. You need this service for update, install or uninstall applications on your PC.
Is WSAPPX a virus?
The service is integrated with Win10. There was no reports of the presence of malware in the form of this service.
However, if you doubt the presence of malware, you can perform a full scan system using your preferred antivirus program. This will help you detect any malware or external threat on your computer.
[6 Solutions] No Audio Output Device is Installed
WSAPPX is an essential system service, but it can sometimes consume a large portion of your processor resources. We hope you found a solution in this article that worked for you.