When you try to start a program in Windows 10/8/7 or install software, you get the error code 0xC0000005: ” the application failed to start correctly“.
The program ends with this message and you cannot get it to work. We will try to solve your problem using these different solutions:
7 Solutions For 0xC0000005 on Windows 10/8/7 / Vista / XP
Method 1: Restore Windows
The best solution that you can try to resolve this problem is to use Windows Restore, yes you can switch back to an earlier date when your PC was working fine without encountering the error 0xC0000005.
- Right click on “This PC” or ” Workplace »And select properties.
- In the window of properties, select ” Advanced system settings »Middle left.
- In the advanced system settings window, select the ” System protection«, Then click on« System Restauration“.
- System restore under system protection
- Click on Following and check the box ” Show more food outlets“.
- Show more catering points system
- Then select a catering point (probably select the restore point that is 20-30 days before the current date).
This will take some time, but you will restore to an earlier point.
Check if the solution corrected the error, otherwise continue with the next method.
Method 2: Repair the registry
The registry is a database in Windows that contains important information about system hardware, installed programs, settings, and profiles for each user account on your computer.
Windows always relies on the information available in the registry. the latter may be corrupted due to some damaged files.
These can also be affected by viruses and software malicious. So follow these steps to fix registry in order to fix application error 0xC0000005.
- Download and install the registry cleaner from from here.
- Open the software once the installation process is complete.
- In the interface, click on the Registry tab present in the left pane and click on the ” Analyze the problems ”.
- It will start checking the registry for errors and when the search is complete, a button ” Fix selection »Issue will be activated. Click this button and everything will be repaired.
Restart your PC and check again the application error 0xC0000005.
Method 3: Use the System File Checker tool
The command sfc / scannow (System File Checker) analyzes the integrity of all protected Windows system files and replaces, if necessary, corrupted, modified or damaged versions with the correct versions.
- Click with the right mouse button on the button Windows , open command prompt as administrator.
- In the cmd window, type / scannow.
- sfc scanner system file checker
- Wait for the system file checker to finish.
- Try again the application that gave the error 0xc00000000005.
Method 4: Check your BCD (Boot Configuration Data)
You are hacked or you have damaged files on your computer. Files may be infected with a virus or one malware, but if you have xOsload.exe, xNtKrnl.exe and / or oem-drv64.sys they are hacked to remove Windows activation.
Check your BCD and make the correction below if it is necessary.
In Windows, open CMD as as administrator and type BCDEdit and click on Come in, if your Windows boot path is xOsload.exe then you need to delete some files and repair your BCD.
REMARK : You will need to reactivate Windows afterwards, so make sure you have your Windows 7 key.
(Please set the drive letters according to your Windows installation directory)
Start on Windows Repair – and open command prompt and type the following commands:
Del D: Windows System32 xOsload.exe
Del D: Windows System32 xNtKrnl.exe
Del D: Windows System32 Drivers oem-drv64.sys
attrib c: boot bcd -h -r -r -s
ren c: boot bcd bcd bcd.old
bootrec / rebuildbcdd
Solution 5: Disable DEP
Windows has a built-in function that protects the system from damage caused by virus and others security threats. The Data Execution Prevention or DEP feature is useful in many cases.
However, there are some programs which are incompatible with this function, which is why the error code 0xC0000005 appears. You can turn off this feature by following these steps:
- Press the keys Windows + R on your keyboard.
- Type ” sysdm.cpl“. (without quotes), and then press Entrance.
- Go to the tab Advanced, then click Settings.
- Go to the tab data execution prevention .
- Click on the option ‘Enable Data Execution Prevention for all programs and services except those I select‘.
- Click on Add, then find the executable files that are causing the problem.
- addthem to the list.
- Click on OK.
- Restart your computer, then check if the problem persists.
Method 6: RAM memory problem
Very often the application error occurs due to bad RAM memory. This is most likely the reason why you are receiving this error message after installing new RAM.
To verify this, you can remove the new memory and see if the 0xC0000005 error is resolved. Remember to do the following before removing memory:
1) Turn off your computer and remove all cables (power supply, network, etc.)
2) Remove the battery (if you have a laptop).
3) Get down to earth before touching memory.
Method 7: Disable Antivirus
Antivirus programs can affect the executable files of a number of programs. So in order to fix this problem you need deactivate the antivirus program to check if it is the source of the problem or not.