If you use the task manager on a Windows 8 machine, you have probably noticed that Runtime Broker .exe works in background. Is it secured ? Is it a virus ?
Good news – this process was created by Microsoft and he is a basic process in the 8 and Win 10. If you want to know more, Read on.
What is Runtime Broker?
First let’s understand what Runtime Broker. He is a system process , which allows manage app permissions on your PC between applications and ensure that applications behave well.
And this RuntimeBroker.exe (an executable file) is placed in the System32 folder from your PC.
[3 Solutions] Solve “SS3svc32.exe” on Startup
Is Runtimebroker.exe a virus?
No, the process is not malware Where a virus who could attack your pc. However, as it uses an exe file , some malware could come in the form of this process. You can confirm its legitimacy by checking the location of this file.
If it is in the System32 folder on partition C: , while there is no problem. If not, then you can seek help from third-party antivirus software.
So, this article on what is the Runtime Broker and its role in Windows 10. If you have anything to add, let us know your thoughts and comments.
[4 Solutions] Repair “BitDefender Threat Scanner”
Correction 1. Disable the option “Get tips, tricks and suggestions when using Windows
Many users reported that disabling tips causes a immediate reduction in CPU usage. How to do ?
- Click on the button Settings in the menu To start up.
- Click on System.
- Click on Notifications and actions in the left pane.
- Then scroll down to deactivate the box Get tips, tricks, and suggestions when using Windows in the right pane.
You will get rid of the error by this method. If the problem persists, try the next fix.
[8 Solutions] This Application Cannot Run on Your PC
Fix 2: Disable apps that run in the background
The reason of high CPU usage by Runtime Broker may be due to the fact that you have many apps that run in the background on your computer. In them deactivating you will certainly reduce high CPU usage by this process.
- STEP 1 – Open the settings simultaneously pressing Windows and I.
- 2ND STEP – Click on Privacy settings.
- STEP 3 – Scroll down the left panel and select Applications in the background.
- STEP 4 – Uncheck all apps (you can leave only applications with which you receive live notifications like Skype).
If you have any questions regarding these methods, you can ask them in the comments.
[5 Solutions] Windows Audio Device Graphic Isolation
Correction 3: Disable the “Updates came from multiple locations” function
Many users reported that after having disabled the function ” Updates come from multiple locations ” in the settings, the process no longer use too much CPU and RAM from your computer.
- To deactivate this function, press Windows + I to open the settings.
- In the next step, choose the option ” Update and security “.
- Click on the link ” Advanced options“.
- Then click on the link » Choose how updates are distributed “.
- Finally, deactivate the ” Updates come from multiple locations“.
There it’s done ! By deactivating this function in the Update, you can dramatically reduce CPU and RAM usage.
[6 Solutions] Remove Trustedinstaller and Permissions
Fix 4: Disable Runtime Broker from Registry Editor
If the above methods cannot help you solve the problem , I recommend you to disable the process on your computer, permanently because it is not a necessary process.
- To turn it off, press Windows + R and type: ” regedit ‘, then press Entrance
- From Windows registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services TimeBroker
- Double-click on the ” Start “And modify” Value data “Of” 3 ” To ” 4 “.
There it’s done ! In the future, if you wish activate this function, do the same as above, but replace the number “4” with “3” or “2”. 2 = automatic 3 = Manually 4 = deactivate
Remark : this problem may be due to other reasons on your Windows 10 computer, like the problems with default apps as Photos, Groove, News or Voice Recorder.
So you must diagnose which of these apps caused this problem, in addition to the reasons I mentioned above.
Next, close or force the closure to test whether the problem is gone or not. From the result you have, do the steps necessary to correct the Runtime Broker error.
Fix 5: Clean up your system with Disk Cleanup
Regular use of your computer for a long time accumulate a lot of junk files in your system.
If these junk files are not cleaned regularly, your processor may react slowly, what decreases the overall performance of your CPU.
Cleaning up junk files from your computer can not only fix runtimebroker.exe error, but also dramatically speed up your processor performance. For run disk cleanup tool on your Windows PC.
Follow the steps below:
- Open your menu To start up
- In your search bar, type ” Ordered »But do not press yet Entrance
- Maintain after the Ctrl + Shift keys and press the key Entrance
- A dialog box will ask you your authorization ; click on Yes to continue
- A black box will appear with a blinking cursor
- Type ” cleanmgr »And press the Entrance
- Disk cleaning on your Windows will start and will determine the size of the space you can be freed on your disk. (be patient the operation may last several minutes)
- The results will be displayed with a series of checkboxes ; generally, the box with ” Temporary files »Will have the most occupied space
- Check all categories boxes that you wish to clean and click on OK
- Disk Cleanup will clean up all files
If your Runtime Broker process suddenly starts to use a large part of your CPU resources, you can then conclude that your process is faulty and that it must be repaired to improve the performance of your computer.
In addition, in many cases, Windows displays a runtimebroker.exe error Due to bad or corrupted system files. This can lead to serious processor issues, like poor performance and difficulty in navigating settings and other administrative sections from your computer.
In addition, if it is not taken care of quickly, it can also be the origin of a virus attack who can be more harmful than expected.
You can use any of the methods mentioned above to free up your processor resources in order to guarantee the proper functioning of the Runtime Broker process. Fix the error for improve the functionality of your Windows PC.