Have you met error 0x800705b4 on your system in the update configuration of your Windows 10? We will offer you 5 methods to solve it, which occurs while installing Windows Update.
This error is reported by many Windows 10 users. And most importantly, you can easily fix it.
What are the causes of this error?
The top 5 causes of error 0x800705b4 on Windows Update are as follows:
- Your operating system failed to install updates
- Windows system files are damaged or corrupted
- The Update service has not been configured as an automatic update.
- The presence of an error in the registry
- Virus or malware attack
On the other hand, the top three causes on Windows Defender are as follows:
- Installing a third-party antivirus that cannot be used with Windows Defender.
- Windows is not updated, the system driver is out of date, and / or the registry is missing or corrupted.
- Windows got infected with virus or malware and the system was unable to use the tool.
Solution of error code 0x800705b4
Method 1. Delete some files
Sometimes the Windows update error can occur due to corrupted files. But, it can be fixed by deleting these files from your system. To do so, simply follow the steps below.
Steps to delete files:
Step 1. Type services in the search box and open the page of services on your system.
2nd step. Right click on the ” Background intelligent transfer service »Then click on Stop.
Step 3. Then right click on ” Windows Update And select the button again. Stop.
Step 4. Open Windows Explorer then go to C: >> Windows >> SoftwareDistribution.
Step 5. Delete all files that are available in this case.
Step 6. In case the files are not erased, try again from thestep 3.
Step 7. Be sure to delete ” Delivery optimization “And the” To download ” from here.
Step 8. At last, restart your computer and check if the error has been resolved.
If the error is not resolved try the next method it may fix Windows 10 error 0x800705b4.
See as well: [5 Méthodes] To Fix Error 0x80070426 Windows 10
Method 2. Upgrading Windows from version 1511 to version 1607
This is one of the easiest methods, because in this method you have to upgrade your windows of 1511 to 1607 or higher.
After installing the latest version, install the windows update on your system. Additionally, Windows errors will be fixed.
In case you don’t know your system version, follow the next steps to identify your version of Windows.
Step 1. Access ” Settings From your system by typing parameter on the search box.
2nd step. Click on the icon System.
Step 3. Click on the ” system information“, Which appears on the left side of the screen.
Step 4. It will allow you to get the version for your PC.
Hope this method resolved your error of upgrading Windows 10. But, unfortunately, if not, let’s try the next method which will surely fix your error.
Method 3: Use the SFC tool
the SFC is a free tool that is built into your Windows system and can detect corrupt files and the to fix. To do this, just follow the following steps:
- Press the key Windows and type ” command prompt“.
- Right click on Command Prompt and choose ” Execute as administrator“.
- In the Command Prompt window, just type ” sfc / scannow »Without the quotes to make a system file check. When the scan is complete, a message is displayed to indicate whether the system has detected any corrupt files and whether the repairs were successful or not.
See also: HOW TO REPAIR ERROR CODE 0XC0000185 [6 Méthodes]
Method 4: Windows Update Troubleshooter
- In the Start menu, find Windows Update then click on the option Problem resolution as it appears.
- Click on Advanced then Execute as administrator.
- Then click on Following, and the repair will detect all problems and correct them.
- Check if the error 0x800705b4 still appears during Windows update.
Method 5: Repair Error 0x800705b4 on Windows Defender
Several Microsoft users recommend that the best way to fix error 0x800705b4 on Windows Defender is of uninstall any antivirus installed on your computer and activate Windows Defender. Here’s how to do it:
- On your keyboard Click Windows then search Control panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program.
- In the list, find your software anti-virus, then click Uninstall. Windows Defender automatically activates when all anti-virus software is removed from your computer.
- To make sure it’s enabled, click Windows and type Windows Defender.
- Click on Windows Defender as it appears and click Tools or Settings.
- Click on Options then choose Real-time protection.
- Check the box Real-time protection or tick the box next to it.
- Restart your computer and check if Windows Defender is updating correctly.
Method 5: Edit an entry in the registry
We recommend that you use theregistry editor to correct the error on Windows Defender. Here is how you can do it:
- Press the keys Windows and R to open the box to execute.
- Type ” regedit »And press Entrance to open theregistry editor.
- Search Windows Defender by following this specific path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Policies Microsoft Windows Defender
- Right-click on Disable Anti-Spyware, then choose To modify.
- Change its value data to “0” (zero) and press Entrance.
- Restart your computer and Windows Defender should return to normal.