Users will encounter error: video cannot be played error code 224003 when you try to watch a video on a website of video content.
This problem mainly arises when trying to upload a file in an unsupported format using JW Player. Most of the time, it is triggered when the JW Player is busy loading a .wmv or .mov video who does not use the H264 video codec.
Although the problem is commonly encountered on desktop and mobile versions of Chrome, the error is not exclusive to this browser – The problem is also known to appear in Firefox and Safari.
It turns out that the problem is either caused by a incorrect configuration of the built-in media player, or triggered by some Cookies Where Browser plugins (extension).
[6 Solutions] Manage and Disable “WSAPPX” Disk 100%
What is JWPlayer?
JW Player is the integrated multimedia player most popular in the world with 20 billion monthly streams. Thanks to his extremely light weight and to his good functioning on all browsers (even obsolete versions) and its seamless integration into all advertising networks, it has become the preferred choice of all the major websites that offer video content.
Although it is undoubtedly the media Player the most stable for embedded videos, a incorrect configuration could force the JW reader To load video file which is not supported by the media player.
This will trigger the 224003 media loading error : video cannot be played . If it is a mistake made by web administrator, the end user has very few means to resolve the problem.
[6 Solutions] No Audio Output Device is Installed
Fix 224003 error: video cannot be played
If you are currently facing this issue, you should start with determine if it is a media player problem or if your Navigator is the source of the problem.
You can do this easily by opening exactly the same url in another browser. If you encounter the same error, you can probably assume that the problem is independent of your will. The best thing to do in this case is to contact the administrator of the website concerned and ask an analysis of your problem.
Yes the video is going well on another browser, you will need to follow a few steps of repair to identify the problem. Below is a series of methods that have enabled users overcome error 224003.
If you are currently facing this issue and think your Chrome browser is the cause, use troubleshooting methods below. Follow each potential solution in order until you find a viable solution.
Note : Keep in mind that depending on the platform, not all methods will be applicable.
How To Solve APPCRASH Problem? [6 Solutions ]
Method 1: Update Chrome to the Latest Version
If you have already determined that error 224003 only appears with Chrome, start by making sure that you have the last version. JW Player regularly update the list of supported formats, but it is possible that they will not work properly if you are using an obsolete version.
Normally it is configured for automatically download and apply updates in the background when you close and reopen the Navigator. But if you don’t close it for a while, you may have a pending update.
Here is a quick guide to manual update on a PC:
- In Chromium, go to action menu (three-dot icon) in the upper right corner.
- Click on Update.
Remark : if you can’t find this entry, it means you are on the last version.
- Once the downloaded update successfully, click the Relaunch button. He will be automatically launched with the last version.
As on PCs, Chromium should update automatically as soon as one new version is available on Android. However, this process maybe interrupted through a parameter of Google play Store.
By default, the Play Store prevents downloading of app updates from a mobile data connection. If you are not connected to a Wi-Fi network for some time you may not have had the last version.
here’s how update chrome on your android device :
- Open the Play Store app and press the action menu (upper left corner).
- Go to the page My applications and games to see the list of all available updates under Updates.
- Search Chromium and press the Update button associated with it.
[10 Solutions] Solve “DNS Server Not Responding”
Now with the latest version available, let’s see if the problem will be solved after we erased browsing data. the process is a little different depending on the device you are using.
- Open Chromium and go to the action menu (three dot icon) in the upper right corner.
- Go to More tools > Clear browsing data.
- Select the General tab and use the drop-down menu next to the period to select All periods.
- Check the box next to Cookies and other site data and the one next to Cached images and files. Click on Erase data To delete cached cookie files.
- Once the process completed, restart and see if the problem is resolved.
- Launch Chromium on your android device and press the corner of the action menu (top right).
- Go to Settings and press Confidentiality.
- Scroll to the bottom and press Clear browsing data.
- Select the General tab and define the period over All periods using the drop-down menu.
- Check the boxes associated with Cookies and site data and to cached images and files.
- Then click on Erase data to remove them.
[9 Solutions] Fix “Server Execution Failed”
Method 3: Disable Chrome Extensions (PC Only)
The extensions are known to cause ” media loading errors “: video cannot be played“. This is all the more likely if you are using extensions to protect your online browsing.
Fortunately, there is a fast way to know if extensions are the source of the problem. Justopen in “Private browsing” mode. To do this, click on the action menu (upper right corner) and select New incognito window.
In addition to allowing you to browse more privately, the Incognito mode by default disables all your extensions (unless you authorize them manually).
In private browsing mode, open the URL that displays the error: the video cannot be played “. If the video is displayed correctly in this mode , there is a good chance that a extension interferes with video playback.
In this case, paste ” chrome: // extensions ” in the Chrome menu bar. This will take you to a page where you can manage all your extensions. Use this page to systematically deactivate your extensions by unchecking the Enabled box.
After disabling each extension, check if you are able to play the video. Once you have identified the guilty, remove the extension by clicking on the trash can icon.
[Résolu] Swsetup.exe folder? Should we delete it?
Method 4: Reset Chrome Settings to Default (PC Only)
If you’ve made it this far with no results, there is one last thing you can do. Although this most likely removes any setting or extension causing the problem, it can also create some problems.
When you reset settings, most of settings will be changed to go back to default state, including site data, cookies, extensions or themes.
Only your custom fonts, your saved bookmarks and passwords will be saved.
Here is a quick guide to reset your browser to default settings :
- Open Chromium and click on the action menu (three dots icon) in the upper right corner.
- Go to Settings and click on Advanced Settings to expand the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the section Reset and clean and click on it. You should confirm again and click on Restore Default Settings , then wait for him resets.
Method 5: Disable hardware acceleration to fix error 224003
In some cases, the hardware acceleration feature of the Chrome browser is known to cause problems with online media playback. That is why in this step we will disable hardware acceleration from parameters.
For that :
- Open Chromium and run a new tab.
- Click on the ” Three points “In the upper right corner and select” Settings“.
- Scroll down and click on the drop-down list ” Advanced Settings “.
- Under the heading ” System ” , Check the box ” Use hardware acceleration when available ” for the deactivate.
- Click on the button ” Use the hardware acceleration feature when available ” for the deactivate
- Check if the problem persists.
Once Chromium came back to default state, the problem must be deleted. If you are still having the problem after following all the above methods, the problem is independent of your will and you will have to wait for the web administrator to solve it.