Some users have reported that an ” ApntEX.exe »Was executed in the task manager, while others inquired about the message ” Elara application prevents Windows shutdown “When they were trying to shut down their computer.
In this article we will explain the functionality of the app and why it is preventing shutdown.
[Tuto] What is Vulkan Run Time Libraries?
What is the Elara app?
All computer manufacturers use in their computers hundreds of small components they will get from hundreds of different small manufacturers.
Those components are sometimes commonly used by different manufacturers in their products, which explains why they are common to many different brands such as HP, Samsung, Dell, etc.
The Elara application is used for control one of these components which is associated with the touchpad of a laptop computer. As a result, the Elara application is especially present in laptops and it is pre-installed in the computer.
This application controls some touchpad features and she is installed in the “Program Files” folder with the touchpad driver from the computer.
The application can be displayed in the task manager as “ApntEX.exe”. It is not a driver or stand-alone software, he can simply be part of the touchpad driver provided by the manufacturer from your computer.
[3 Solutions] Allow Chrome to Access the Network In …
Why does Elara App prevent Windows from closing?
Elara App may prevent windows shutdown because he always works in the background if it has been installed on your computer. When Windows is shutting down, he close all background processes.
However, if a process is deemed sensitive by the operating system, he cancels the shutdown process and alerts the user to the presence of a sensitive background task.
[5 Solutions] Resolve Error 0xc1900130 Win Update
Can we turn it off?
According to numerous user reports, there was no side effect of removing the task from the task manager or even to complete uninstallation of the touchpad driver.
However, a report suggests that the user loses the functionality of disabling the touchpad from the “Fn” keys. Therefore, in our opinion, you should delete task from task manager and it shouldn’t have a negative impact on the computer.
You can also try to uninstall the pilot touchpad to try to you get rid of malware and check if the functionality of the touchpad is kept.
Results may vary depending on device manufacturer, but even if you lose functionality, you can easily reinstall the driver by searching the hardware changes on which Windows reinstalls the recently uninstalled driver.
[11 Solutions] Windows Task Host Prevents Shutdown
In this step we will show users the easiest method to complete Elara App task from task manager. This method can be less efficient than the functionality of your touchpad, so make sure you have a mouse in reserve.
- Press simultaneously on the keys “Ctrl” + “Shift” + “Esc” to open the task manager.
- Click on the “Details” tab to open detailed instructions for executables running in the background.
- Click on the “ApntEX.exe” file and select “End of the task”.
- That will temporarily close the Elara application and will no longer prevent the computer from shutting down.
- [10 Solutions] Solve “ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED”
Create a new registry key
- Press on Windows + R keys to open the dialog Execute on your screen.
- Type regedit and press Enter key to open the registry editor.
- Once the registry editor window opens, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER Control Panel Desktop in the left pane.
- Navigate to the right side of the window and click with the right mouse button on an empty space. Click on New >> DWORD (32-bit) value.
- Write the name of the new AutoEndTasks key, put his value to 1.
- Click on the OK button for save the changes and close the registry editor.
The REMPL File: What is it? Can we delete?
Updates are provided in order improve the operation and safety of the system as well as fix bugs.
Follow these steps to update your windows and fix the Elara application shutdown prevention bug :
- Step 1 : Go to the start menu then in Settings.
- 2nd step : Find and click Update and security
- Step 3: Click on the button ” Check for updates “.
- Step 4: Yes updates are available, install them.
In case your system would have already been updated to its latest version, go to the next method.
[3 Méthodes] Download Play Store for PC 2020
Obsolete or corrupted drivers are the most common cause of the problem of ” Elara application preventing shutdown“.
Follow the next steps to update the drivers and fix the error:
- Step 1 : First, go to the control panel.
- 2nd step : Find and click the Hardware and sound option.
- Stage : Then click on the option ” Device Manager “Present under the category” Devices and printers“.
- Step 4: In the window that appears, find and expand the option “Mice and other pointing devices“.
- Step 5: Locate and click with right mouse button on the option ” Alpine pointing device “, Then click” Update the driver “.
Windows will then check for an update (if available) for the drivers. If this does not resolve your issue, continue to the next method.
Use system restore
If you already have created a “system restore point” for your laptop or notebook, you can use system restore option to resolve the problem of stopping the Elara application.
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Step 1 : Go to the search bar from start menu. Type ” System Restauration “ and click on the first result.
- System restore may ask you enter the administrator password, enter it.
- 2nd step : In the system restore window, follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
- Step 3: Restore your system to the most recent restore point before this error starts pestering you.
- Next, restart your laptop.
In this way, you can easily fix your problem by simply restoring your system to an earlier point.
Elara is an integrated application who is coming default to control the operation of all laptops. Sometimes there may be some problem caused by Elara due to several glitches.
so here’s the best working methods to correct the error ” Elara application prevents shutdown“.
I also suggest you do a “Full scan” de your system by using reliable antivirus software and uninstalling and reinstalling the touchpad drivers. You can also consult Microsoft’s official support thread.
For any other question, doubt or suggestion, comment in the ” Comments ». Hope i helped you find what you were looking for. Have a nice day !