Users receive theIDP generic virus infection warning when they use AVG antivirus Where Avast. This alert indicates the presence of a malicious attachment when these software displays the message.
This warning means that the infection was detected by some form of identity protection detection component. Or we can say that a generic file was detected. It can also represent a false positive that could have occurred due to some outdated definitions.
These infections can be easily corrected by certain preventive measures. Here in this article, we are going to offer some possible fixes to fix it.
Method 1. UPDATE AVG OR AVAST ANTIVIRUS
It is a common problem in programs anti-virus like AVG and Avast. An easy way to solve this problem is to update your software AVG or Avast antivirus to the latest version.
You can update your AVG or Avast to the latest version by following the simple steps mentioned below.
- First, open your antivirus software. In the menu bar, open the tab maintenance.
- In the tab maintenanceyou will find an option called ‘Update‘. You can update both the virus definition and the program.
Method 2: Change the antivirus
If the problem persists, you can stop using the AVG software or the antivirus program causing the problem.
See also: How To Fix Error Code 0xc0000225 (7 Methods)
Method 3: false positive?
Very probably, IDP generic virus could also involve a false positive under several conditions. Some people have asked the VirusTotal analyze the problem by analyzing packages associated with hashcheck, but none of the software AVG did not report the problems, even the software Avast antivirus.
So you can follow the next steps:
- try update Avast if you are using an older version.
- Reinstall HashCheck
- Otherwise, you can consider temporarily disable the Avast software.
Method 4: Try VirusTotal
Another solution is to use the site ” VirusTotal »- a software service that helps analyze Suspicious URLs and files. Software service VirusTotal also facilitates the most rapid viruses, Trojans, toward and all types of malware detected by antivirus engines.
Once you have on the site ” VirusTotal“, Here are some steps to follow:
- Select the ” Browse“. Copy / paste the following lines in the File name field:
C: Windows System32 rundll32.exe
- Click on the option ” To open“.
- Then select the option ” Send file »Located at the bottom of the page VirusTotal
Note: If you receive a message stating that the files have already been submitted, then you can click on the option ” Reanalyze“.
- Complete the scanning process.
See as well: [7 Méthodes] Resolve Error 0x8007001f Easily
Method 5: Update Java to resolve “idp generic”
One of the major reasons for the problem ” IDP.Generic ” is that Java in your system is no longer up to date.
Older versions generally tend to have vulnerabilities that malware Where software infections could use to infect the whole system.
Therefore, it is recommended to follow the steps below to delete and update the old one Java component version :
- Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment 7 Update 5 and save it to the desktop.
- Go to the option ” Java SE 7 Update 5 “And select the option” Download JRE“. Click on the option ” Accept the license agreement“.
- Click on this link to download ” Windows x86 Offline ” and ; save the file to the desktop.
- Go to To start up > Settings > Control panel. Click on the option ” Add / Remove Programs »And delete all older versions of Java.
- Restart your computer system after all Java components have been completely removed.
- from your desktop, click on the option ” jre-7u5-windows-i586 ” for install the latest Java version.
If you want extra protection, you can install the software Malwarebytes Anti Malware an on-demand scanner will check your entire system for malware.