Windows error code 0x80070426 is one of the many Windows error codes that laptop and PC users come across. The message may suddenly appear on the screen.
It indicates that an error occurred while initializing the program. This code is basically an initialization error. It is related to Windows security.
CAUSES OF ERROR 0x80070426
- The most likely you may encounter the error is after upgrading your Windows system to Windows 10 OS.
- All operating systems have Windows Security Essentials as a security feature, but Windows 10 comes with the following options:
Windows Defender, which should replace Safety Essentials after the upgrade.
Something may happen during the upgrade that leads to incomplete replacement of Windows Essentials Files. It just means your computer will have both Windows elements Essentials and Windows Defend.
None of them can initialize properly to provide any form of defense against virus and malware attacks.
Note also that you are most likely to encounter the error in case you have installed a non-genuine Windows 10 operating system.
Read: Fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-1-0.dll Missing (3 Solutions)
IT MAY CAUSE OTHER PROBLEMS, INCLUDING:
1. The messaging app does not synchronize with your computer in order to retrieve your mail.
2. Slow or sluggish computer, possibly due to virus or malware attack due to computer failure security device initialization.
3. Possibility of crash Windows 10 operating system.
WINDOWS ERROR CODE 0X80070426
There are several methods you can try to fix it. While some are straightforward and straightforward, others require you to have full administrative rights.
Method 1- Uninstall Microsoft Essential
Any file associated with Microsoft Essential should not remain on your computer. Indeed, this is the main cause of the error. You can uninstall it easily to stay with Windows Defender.
- Press the key combination Win + R.
- Type ” taskmgr »In the dialog box Execute which appears.
- Locate Windows Defender Service (Windefend), right-click on it before selecting ” Stop“. and allow you to uninstall Windows essential.
- Note that it is impossible to uninstall Windows Essentials when Windows Defender service is in progress execution .
Use the following procedure to uninstall Windows Essential;
- Open the Control panel.
- Click on ” Programs and Features “→” Uninstall a program“.
- Uninstall Windows Essentials before to restart your computer.
- Otherwise, press the key combination Win + R → type ” appwiz.cpl In the window that opens.
- locate and uninstall Windows Essential before to restart your computer.
It is important to ensure that Windows Defender works and offers real-time protection as it should do so automatically after you restart your computer.
- You must go. of Settings → Update and security and choose ” Windows Defender To see if it provides the necessary protection in real time or not.
Read: HOW TO REPAIR ERROR CODE 0XC0000185 [6 Méthodes]
METHOD 2: RESTART THE SECURITY SERVICE
- Open command prompt with administrative law.
- Type ” services.msc In the command prompt before pressing Entrance.
- Locate ” Software Licensing On the list of services that appear.
- Right-click on ” Software Licensing “And select” Properties“.
- Change the ” Start type ” in ” Automatique »Before clicking on OK.
- Restart your computer.
METHOD 3 – WSReset to repair error 0x80070426
This is another easy method that can help to resolve error code 0x8007026.
- Press the key combination Win + R to open the box execute.
- Type ” WSReset.exe »Before pressing Entrance.
- Restart your computer in case it doesn’t restart automatically.
Method 4 – Change the sync settings
It is possible to encounter the error simply because of incorrect synchronization settings in themessaging app, in the tab you need to make changes.
1. Click on ” Mail In the search box to open the app.
2. Click on ” Settings “Before clicking on” Accounts“.
3. Click on your Email account in the resulting list of email accounts.
4. Select ” Change mailbox synchronization settings “Before selecting the option” E-mail“.
5. Restart your computer.
See : [7 Solutions]Fix Kernel Power Error 41- Windows 10
METHOD 5 Use the System File Checker Tool
Maybe the error 0x80070426 is occurring because you are having issues with your Windows system files. You should run System File Checker to repair these files:
- Press the logo button Windows on your keyboard and type ” cmd“.
- Right-click on Command Prompt in the list of results, then select Execute as administrator.
- (If you are using Windows 7 or earlier, skip this step.) Type
the following command line on theCommand Prompt and press the key Entrance on your keyboard:
dism.exe / online / cleanup-image / restorehealth
- Note that this command provides your system with the required repair source
through System File Checker. This is done through Windows Update.
dism.exe / online / cleanup-image / restorehealth / source:[DRIVE]: sources sources sxs / limitaccess
Replace [DRIVE] by the drive letter of your Windows installation media, for example: C or D
- Wait that the process is completed.
- Type the following command line on theCommand Prompt and press Entrance :
sfc / scannow
- Wait that the process is completed.
- Restart your computer if this does not happen automatically.
If it worked for you, great! But if this is not the case, go to correction 2, below….