Have you been bothered by the PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR error on Mozilla Firefox ? Are you wondering how to fix this problem? Do not worry. In this post we offer you the possibility make some repairs using our site.
What is the cause of PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR (Secure Connection Failed) on Firefox?
- VPN or Proxy interference:
Once the potential culprit is a proxy or a VPN interference. All software who intercepts the connection (acting as an intermediary) has the potential to trigger this particular error message.
- Encryption incorrect:
If you already have changed SSL settings, it is likely that this error is due to the fact that your Navigator now apply Encryption which are not supported by Firefox or by the website you are trying to access.
- Corrupt Firefox Profile:
It turns out that error code can also be caused by a corrupted profile. Several affected users were able to resolve the issue by exporting their favorites, by creating a new profile then importing favorites of their old profile in order to avoid any data loss.
- Interference from a third-party security suite:
It has been confirmed that some third-party suites overprotective (Avast, Kaspersky, BitDefender, Eset) will also cause this problem after iintercepted connection certificates and sending them.
Samsung Magician Player is not supported
PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR secure connection failed on Firefox
In this article you can find out PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR error here are the details. How to solve the problem ?
Here are some repairs.
The easiest method to fix PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR is of restart the web browser.
Here is how to do it.
Step 1 :
- In Firefox, click the action button in the upper right corner of the window.
- Then select Help> Troubleshooting information in the list.
2nd step :
- In the pop-up window, discover the section Tune Firefox and click on the button Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation time, click on Refresh to validate the operation.
- Then you have to wait that the process be finished.
- Once it is finished you can try to open the same website in Firefox and check if the PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR message has been removed.
6 Solutions: Firefox A Web Page Slows Down Your Browser
Correction 2: Disabling the proxy server
According to user report, PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR could occur when you use a proxy. In this case, you can disable proxy server after quitting software application that ensures your confidentiality to solve the problem.
To do this, follow the actions listed below.
- Step 1 :
- Press on Win + R to display the window Execute.
- Then enter ms-settings: network-proxy and click on OK to open proxy settings.
- 2nd step :
- Scroll down to discover the section Manual proxy configuration, and after that, change the choice. Disable the option Use a proxy server.
- Step 3:
- Quit the Settings section and restart your computer.
You can now launch Firefox and check if it is working correctly.
7 Solutions: Device Descriptor Request Failure
Correction 3. Creation of a new Firefox profile
It appears that PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR error (Secure connection failed) can also be caused by a corrupted profile.
Several affected users confirmed that the issue was resolved after having created a new profile via the tab ” about: profiles“, Then have exported the favorites from the old profile and imported them into the new one.
This operation may seem complicated, but the steps are actually very simple.
Here is what you need to resolve the issue if it is caused by a corrupted profile:
- First, let’s start with export your favorites so that you can use them in all safety on your new profile.
- To do this, click on Bookmarks icon (top right), then go to Bookmarks> Show all Bookmarks and access the window of Bookmarks in Firefox.
- Once you are in the Library menu, click on the Import and backup menu and select Export Bookmarks in HTML format from the list of available options.
[9 Solutions] My PC turns off by itself: what to do?
- Choose a suitable location, then assign a name and click on » Save ” for export your personal selection of favorites.
- Open your Firefox browser and go to the navigation bar up.
- Once you’re there, paste ” about: profiles »And press the Entrance to open the ” Profile “From Firefox.
- Once you are in the right menu, click on ” Create a new profile ” (under ” profile information “).
- Once you are in the first screen of the profile creation wizard, click on Following to go to the next menu.
- On the next screen, assign a name to your profile (under Enter the name of the new profile) and click To end for generate the new profile.
- After having created the new profile, it’s time to recover Favorites from your old profile.
- To do this, click on Favorites icon (top right), then go to Favorites> Show all Favorites and go to the Bookmarks window in Firefox.
- In the Library menu, click on Import and save> Import Bookmarks in HTML format.
- Then in the next menu, go to where you have previously saved exported Favorites (in step 3) and click To open for import them into the new profile.
- Restart your browser and check if PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR error has stopped happening.
If the same problem still occurs, go to the next method below.
[6 Solutions] My Internal Hard Drive is not showing
Fix 4. Uninstall Third Party Security Suite
It turns out that this particular problem can also be caused by an overprotective third-party audiovisual system (security suite).
This is due to the fact that some security tools like Avast, Kaspersky, BitDefender, ESET (and others) are designed to intercept connection certificates and send them to them.
If the vast majority websites are not against it, some might end up trigger the error PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR (Failed secure connection) by measure of security.
If this case is applicable, you can solve the problem by disabling real-time protection at the time of access to the website or in uninstalling the overprotective security suite.
The method of damage management consists of disable real-time protection. But keep in mind that this procedure will be different depending on the third-party tool you are using.
Fortunately, in most cases you will be able to do this directly from the taskbar icon of your anti-virus or your suite of firewall.
[4 Solutions] Unable to Delete Bing on Windows 10?
Example of the deactivation of the antivirus:
Disable the actual firewall protection:
After doing this, restart your computer and see if the same problem still occurs.
If the problem persists, the next logical step would be to completely eliminate the possibility of third-party security interference.
Here’s a quick guide on how to do that and make sure you don’t leave any files residuals who could still cause the same behavior at the time of the cut:
- Press on Windows key + R to open a dialog Execute.
- Then type ” appwiz.cpl »And press Enter key to open the window Programs and Features which displays the list of installed programs.
- Once you are in the screen Programs and Features, scroll the list of installed applications and find the third-party security suite you are currently using.
- Once you have managed to locate her, right click on it and choose » Uninstall From the pop-up menu that just appeared.
- In the uninstall menu, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation.
- Once uninstallation completed, follow the instructions for remove any remaining files from your security suite.
- Restart your computer and see if the problem is resolved the next time you start the computer.
[6 Solutions] Origin online connection currently unavailable
Hope these methods have been able to help you fix the problem PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR secure connection failed, and that you have arrived at enjoy your browsing on your favorite browser.
If you have questions do not hesitate to type them in the “comments” section, we are here to help you